Fine for dpf delete

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Titan trans, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I'm picturing him sitting there in the cab with an exhaust pipe blasting fumes at him. "Ughhh something's wrong in here! Why can't I see right or remember my name anymore!"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bad Infuence

Bad Infuence Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2018
    North Carolina
    He has a 2016 Lonestar Cummins 550hp. He wouldn't let me take photos of his tickets but I did see them it's a real thing with enforcement. Stay out of NE states MD,PA,NY,MA,RI,ME,PA as well as TX,CA. Any state that requires emissions testing stay out of. I'm in NC any only the county's with large populations have emissions testing probably less than 5 county's in the state. Since my original post my 2014 Peterbilt 579 has been shop so many times for aftertreatment issues I can't afford to keep it on the road, has cost me over $14k in aftertreatment repair issues. I went and bought a glider so I don't have to worry about that crap anymore and no more ELogs.

The_Great_Corn, bigguns and Bumper Thank this.
  4. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Tattletales!

5. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    This is what the EPA site says.

Violators are subject to civil penalties up to $45,268 per noncompliant vehicle or engine, $4,527 per tampering event or sale of defeat device, and $45,268 per day for reporting and recordkeeping violations. 42 U.S.C. § 7524; 40 C.F.R. § 19.4. The EPA often uses the Mobile Source Civil Penalty Policy to arrive at an appropriate civil penalty for vehicle and engine enforcement settlements.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

WTH is $45,268 per day for reporting and recordkeeping violations... How do you have record keeping violations for a deleted truck?

I'm just gonna buy a 99 and they can "F" right off with their EPA & e-logs.. Oh and I'm a liberal dude if that matters, but this is over stepping.. I'm all for protecting the environment, but I can't be put out of business by faulty emission systems on newer trucks. I'm not a multi-million dollar a year company that can just eat that. If they didn't break and cause premature engine death by all means, I'd run the hell out of it.. but so long as they don't give a "F" about cruise ships polluting more than entire country's worth of cars.. I'm not gonna worry about my single truck..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  7. longhaultransport

longhaultransport Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    West Central, Florida
    Don't forget jet airplanes...

8. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    When Navistar failed to convince them that DEF is bull crap, they fined them $3,000.00 per motor that was made and not using it. This cost the CEO his job and the main reason Volkswagen now owns more than half of the company. You can fight but you cant beat the bureaucrats.

9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah, cause there's never been a lemon truck before emissions. Old trucks aren't better, just different.

JonJon78, Lite bug and daf105paccar Thank this.
  10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Show us where it says you must use DEF.
    All the bureaucrats said was that emissions are regulated,they did NOT say how you have to do it.

Tb0n3 and AModelCat Thank this.
  11. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Here is the problem though... you have a DPF truck and that DPF system breaks you have to buy a new one. They aren't going to try to fix the DPF system because they can't they will just swipe your bank card for the $3,500 or whatever it cost plus labor..

Oh and dealer mechanics usually just go by codes, so they just replace whatever the code tells them to and keep replacing parts until they figure it out or empty your wallet.. Meanwhile your truck is sitting there for 2 weeks. I can replace my entire engine in a few days. There is nothing that would take me 2 weeks to fix on my truck unless I had to sit 2 weeks waiting on a part...

I have a 06 van for sale at the moment guy just came to look at it because his 2019 Duramax has been in the shop non stop so he needs a second truck because his brand new one is broken so much. Older truck as a lemon? It's less likely because it would probably be in the boneyard or they fix it by then..

older trucks also have their issues like the stress factor of driving OTR in a older truck.. However at least with older trucks there is better ideas what goes wrong on them and what usually breaks.

Now what I will say, is right now I need to upgrade trucks.. my SRW F350 isn't cutting it. I need to haul heavier to keep loaded. So I'm contemplating buying new right now but the whole DPF #### is my biggest concern. I'm toying with buying a 2020 F550 but it's honestly a tough decision because in all honestly I'd rather do as I said, buy a 99 and build it but as they say time is money so I'm very much debating what I will do..

There is pros and cons no matter what you do..

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.