Fingers crossed

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by bad-luck, Jun 25, 2020.

1. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Here's the thing, it not just the fact that Brokers require you to waive your right to haul a load for them. You will be put on the do not load list if you ask to see the rate they were paid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Everyone in this business has a business model that works for them. If you are content with the rates you are getting that's all that matters. I don't use brokers all that much. But when I do, all I am asking is for a FAIR rate. I don't think that is to much to ask for.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If you choose to accept the rate offered then it must be a fair rate. If you didn’t feel it to be a fair rate then you wouldn’t accept it.

And you don’t think the shippers are all watching this dust up about brokers ripping trucks off? Let’s say there’s a large shipper that pays an average of $3 a mile to a broker. Now they find out the broker is moving their stuff for an average of $1.80 a mile. Do you think they’re going to tell the broker to pay the truck more or will they try and pay the broker less?

5. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    What’s it matter what they were paid? That’s a separate transaction that you aren’t involved in. When you buy tires do you ask to see what the shop’s cost is on tires?

wore out and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    They should probably just investigate the IQ of the people taking $0.60 miles loads

D.Tibbitt and Long FLD Thank this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    So if i dont know if a broker is taking a loss on a load then how could u know what they are making ? Like i said some of u guys is forgetting how u make money, if ur a spot market runner or dont have ur own customers. Guess whos paying ur paycheck? A broker. If they dont offer what u deem is a fair rate then make more phone calls it aint rocket science...i have been making profit all thru this pandemic and low rates. Sure a couple weeks and the whole month of march was very tough. There was days a made close to 100 phone calls to find something that i could make money on.. Its part of doing business is getting thru the good times and the bad times.... I dont see what good comes from the government intervening even more in this industry..id bet if i interviewed 100 truckers and asked them the biggest challenge inthis industry. 80% of the answers would be related to something the GOVERNMENT has brought into this industry ........ The last thing we need is more of that.

8. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Shippers dont watch that, they want their freight moved the cheapest, brokers compete to get their business. Then the Booker tries to find the cheapest truck. When they can't and drop.the ball the broker ends up loosing the contract

9. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Your right, but I know what fair rates are for the lanes that I run. But that's my point! The law is there for us to be able to able to find that out. We have to comply with all the laws put in place but the federal government. If we don't we get citations, put out of service, and.loose out CDL. So why is it wrong to ask brokers to comply with the law

10. bad-luck

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    If YOU are happy with your rates that's all that matters. But I bet, if I was making a higher rate for the same work you are doing because I know what the broker was getting paid, you would be the FIRST to complain that I am constantly making more money then you. If you are an independent or owner operator and this really how you think, then you are part of the problem. There was an OO in the trucking news, whi ran a load for $900 found out at the receiver that the broker was paid $2000 for the load.the driver was understandably upset. If you don't see a problem with that,then there is nothing more I can say

11. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    So once rates are public knowledge like everyone wants it will make it easier for brokers to undercut each other since they will know the rate.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.