Finish school in two weeks

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jbrown87, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Be careful around other drivers or new-hires. Some companies put a spy in the breakroom or hotel where you'll be staying during orientation. They'll rat you out for saying things or drinking beer in the hotel or even a nearby bar. No booze until you're on your own with your own truck. Then follow the hours of service rules concerning booze.
    Sometimes an employee of the hotel is used to snitch on a driver that is seen with booze or find booze bottles in the hotel room trash can.

TripleSix and Bud A. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. taylormade1

taylormade1 Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2023
    Gainesville, Florida
    My husband graduated private CDL school in central Florida Nov 14 this year. We were self pay. He has a 2nd degree felony charge from 1991. It was a violent ( non-sexual crime). I’ve done a lot of research and have applied to tons of places. He was sent a conditional offer from Swift but turned down due to his background. Today he was sent an invitation to attend orientation and a welcome packet from Covenant. He was upfront with them about his past. His recruiter said it was still a small chance that he could be denied at orientation. But he is going anyway. I do believe that if you keep actively applying everywhere you can, that someone will take you. We have used the Drivers Pulse app. You do you application once and you can send it to tons of companies. Let me know if you have questions and I will share with you our experience. Good luck and keep your head up.

Jbrown87, tarmadilo and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If Covenant doesn't work out, try Big M Transportation.
    Big M Transportation - Run With The Big Dogs
    Our 400+ tractor fleet consists of new Volvos, Freightliners, and Western Stars.

5. Jbrown87

Jbrown87 Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2023
    Thank you, I will definitely be in touch , I should have my CDL next Friday

taylormade1 and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Someone that works in the office at Covenant said if a driver re-submits the Driver Pulse Ten Street app. then the previous one will be deleted and the new one takes precedence.

7. Jbrown87

Nov 7, 2023
    So, Stevens the company that told me to reapply denied my application, I guess it was a automated message, very discouraging. Does anybody know about may I heard they are a good starter company but horrible with pay? I'm going to try covenant as well

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Apply with May Trucking Company.
    Have you applied with all the companies on your thread:? There's 6 pages of posts. Look em' over and make sure you didn't miss any.

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you apply at JRayL Transport that was recommended to you by another driver?

Jbrown87 Thanks this.
  10. Jbrown87

Nov 7, 2023
    Yes , I may need to call them

11. Jbrown87

Nov 7, 2023
    I have a interview with may in Friday, Chinatown what do you think of them, good starter company?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.