Finished orientation today

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by medic1, Apr 23, 2010.

1. medic1

medic1 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    wrapped up today in Atlanta, overall good experience. Lunch was great hotel was pretty good. I leave in the morning with my trainer for 3 weeks, everyone was nice and treated you like a person.

thefather, JustSonny and Fyr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    KLLM has been hit with some less than friendly posts here lately. It would be great if you could find the time to relate some first-hand info. KLLM, as you know, is HQed in my home state so I'm particularly interested in what's really going on there. Thanks and good luck and good miles!

4. thefather

thefather Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Stillwater Oklahoma
    Please keep us updated and informed of how it goes. It will be a help to people considering kllm

5. tribaltalon

tribaltalon Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Central Texas
    i'm currently in training.. its going pretty good. trainer is good, i've been averaging 500-600 miles a day of driving time. seems like the complainers are the ones who want to come home every 2-3 weeks. dispatch seems like to like the people that are willing to stay out 4-6 weeks.. but again, i'm new, so take that with a big grain of salt. times are tough in this business, and i dont think anybody's really doing that hot. i'm just doing this to get a year's experience and going local/ltl back home.

6. tribaltalon

tribaltalon Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Central Texas
    btw, how come you're only doing 3 weeks? my training period is 5 weeks of driving?

7. sookie

sookie Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Since your're new and still under a trainer then I don't think you know enough to pass judgement on "complainers!"

The company is pushing for 80 percent of lease drivers ! They are getting all the miles ! CompAny drivers are unhappy because they are getting leftover crap!
    And no not all company drivers are pushing to go home ! They are unhappy to be stuck out here with no miles to roll with !!! B

8. medic1

medic1 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Well week two almost done with my trainer, 1 week to go, we get some good miles. My trainer is ok he is southeast region. Everythings going smooth so far, but my trainer sleeps a lot and tried to borrow money from me and I said no of course. He banks over a grand a week so I don't know why he needs money. Anyway that's my only complaint, terminal staff is nice, ovrrall a good choice so far.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  9. jron619

jron619 Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    this is funny.........

I thought this would be a higher number?

10. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Everything sounded good with them until I started hearing some bad thing's then I put in my app. and they denied me. Oh weel, from what I've been hearing I wouldn't want to go work for that #### hook company anyway.

11. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.