Fired, because of rumors. I have been applying for other jobs.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Shackdaddy, Dec 7, 2021.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    hell man, at one former employer, the long defunct RPS (now FedEx Ground), i threw the truck keys into a pond where there were snapping turtles....(and that was AFTER i blocked the gate with a trailer, and drove the tractor to my new employer, looking for a job and got hired in minutes)...more to that story, if you wanna know....

at another employer, i walked out to the back door, and threw the truck keys into a wooded area....(no other added content to this one)

it was fun.

now being retired, i have no more such fun....

Lonesome, austinmike, Boondock and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    The only thing I would have changed is dropping the keys in the nearest chitter rather than on the floor.

4. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    "chitter"....

that's a funny way to spell.......

septic tank....

Mattflat362, JoeyJunk and Boondock Thank this.
  5. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    How does the camera know to turn on right before an accident? It would be pointless to have it if it wasn’t running 24/7. All you’d ever see after an accident is if the guy lived.

6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    if i recall, the camera is on, but "saves" the seconds up to the event.>??

like a hard braking, sudden steering wheel input, you know, something triggered the saving of those seconds.

otherwise, it runs a continuous loop of recording over a recording..???

7. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Might want to look up how the technology works before you make assumptions. It works by continuously recording yes. But it only saves whenever it hits an event.
    What I'm wondering, is where are all the lawsuits about the recordings and privacy concerns. While a company can record you 100% of the time, if they claim they don't record you and do, that is a major privacy violation.

9. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    No cameras, lane departure sensors or other intrusive crap on BYOB&CBD trucks. Just the finest mudflaps and pointy lugnut covers money can buy.

10. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I typed a question, that’s what ??? these mean. No assumptions were made except by you.

Lonesome, Pamela1990 and Oxbow Thank this.
  11. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Used to carry a camera or 2 in a Road Tractor (besides the Company Accident Kit), back in the ancient years of early 2000 decade.
    Yeah, I know, it was so long ago as if it were a dream, none of I recall that I awoke screaming.
    "Click" the Clicker and present an image to the hidden film.
    Dropped off somewhere and retrieved later.

So what does the above have to do with Trucking Companies Hiring and Firing??
    Not Absotively Bligingly Sertin, But Sometimes Cameras AND Recording Devices Were (ARE) Useful in conversations for verification of statements.
    I alerted everyone as to the recording devices just like the police and fumbling f.b.i. does when they record "criminal activity" or like the MANY business phone lines "This Call May Be Recorded........!

One nearby company I drove at a few times since 1998, the final goodbye, the owner directly stated "Anything You Don't Like About What I'm Saying (he was being more negative and whiney because he had to run when I did not and I was clearing out the Road Tractor.....Again), You May Step Out Of MY Truck And We'll Discuss It"!
    Rather wished that morning I had a recorder rolling, but no big deal as I simply responded "That Will Absolutely Solve Nothing Nor Help Either Of Us"!

There were a few Negative Experiences with Employers over the 2 decades but nothing related to "throwing things on floors or tossing keys into Fuel Tanks (when Tanks were direct feed, not with the no access screens), Rivers, Sewers, Lakes, Gravel Lots, onto Roofs or into vile, smelly liquid infused Boots".
    - - - -
    GLAD The O.P. Has A Proper Initiated Setup!
    VERY WELL DONE!!
    CHEERS!!

Pamela1990 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.