Fired for barely touching pole, no damage

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jordanshackelford, Mar 29, 2019.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Winner. I like how you said that.

The other problem is, for many old school trucking types, RESTRICTIONS translates as useless in their mind. Especially when used in a conversation about driving their truck.

Hey people, do not pay money to go to school to get restricted. If you were given free schooling or deeply discounted schooling, sure, that’s understandable...but to pay full price to be restricted? That makes zero sense. About as much sense as signing up to drive for CR England.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jordanshackelford

jordanshackelford Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    I actually did send them pictures and they still fired me lol[​IMG]

Tombstone69 Thanks this.
  4. Philglo2354

Philglo2354 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Look for a smaller company. The megas are bad. You dont need to start with a mega.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do some applications and you'll have a new job within 48 hours.
    Add Navajo Express to those already recommended.
    Again, submit the online applications before calling.

6. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    That's the best advice in the thread, anytime anything happens, no matter how trivial it seems, take a picture. I had a woman slam into my tandems in Tampa, she got stuck in between the trailer tires and then proceeded to throw it in reverse. She bent the bumper to a 90° and ripped the whole grill assembly off. She then pulled alongside me and when the cops got there she told him I came into her lane and did the damage, so he writes me a ticket for failure to maintain a lane. I had pictures of everything, but the one that saved my 6 was the one of her bald front tire with steel belt coming out. I had to go to court but she knew I had the pictures and she and the cop didn't show. Judge found me not guilty of everything! Pictures, always take pictures.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Something else people like her do is say, "It's ok, let's just forget it and go our own way." A month later you get a notice you're being sued. Get those pictures!

8. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    I don't know man, it looks bent, the paint at the bottom is chipping off also, it looks like you hit it pretty hard, I hate to say it but if you hit a car that hard you'd have done substantial damage, maybe that's how they're thinking.

JoeyJunk and magoo68 Thank this.
  9. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Yeah, that doesn’t look like a tap. Did the security guard have to yell at you to stop?

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that alone...the automatic restriction, is doing as much harm to you, than the hit to the pole.

i'd recommend going back to your CDL school (if you paid for one) and get some time in a manual transmission, and a new road test.

11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    problem is, that pole could have been hit by another driver just before you hit it, but the security guard did not see it...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.