Fired for drinking off duty while on the road?

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by kablerat, Jan 3, 2019.

1. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    I did once back in my young and dumb livestock and ag days. Just easier to tell them I did not have any log book at one point than try and make #### up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    This shows the system catches UNSAFE drivers. Caught twice for being too lazy to do a thorough or proper pre trip inspection, or decided to drive the CMV anyway. Completely UNSAFE behavior.

Caught twice for UNSAFE practices, so how many hundreds of other times was CMV operated UNSAFELY?

Bean Jr. and InTooDeep Thank this.
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    @Scooter Jones
    Read this thread and look at all our fellow members admitting to wreckless driving and paying dearly to keep it off their records.

Well...got a speeding ticket

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Wow, I never knew there was such vitriol for OOIDA and it's members and such love and compassion for conglomerates like Swift Transportation LOL.

Tucker, it's alright. Like the priest told the confessing painter who bore the burden of gyping his customers by cutting his paint with water, "go and thin no more."

IH Truck Guy, Omega1 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  6. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I do know what Tucker means about an accident showing up on your record even if you're not at fault.

In 2016, some stupid girl passed me on the right into the slow lane (4 lanes) doing 90 mph right after a rain event.

She blew one of her 4 baldy tires and spun underneath my passenger side trailer tandems. The force of the impact spit her back out and fortunately she, nor anyone else was injured.

That accident showed up on my Safer, with no explanation, and at that time, there was no way for me to get FMCSA to remove it.

They've since revised and created a clerical mechanism to have a no fault accident removed from the SAFER system.

It no longer shows up on my record.

Bean Jr. and tucker Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    So, because there are drivers that have committed UNSAFE acts, that makes it ok for you to be UNSAFE?

So basically you don't take the
    SAFE operation of CMV seriously?

Bean Jr. and InTooDeep Thank this.
  8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Look at all this equipment.
    CFB40AE3-6621-417B-80FB-CCEAA5425231.jpeg

9. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    One guy eating Funions and farting a lot and another dude drinking beer (and probably also burping and farting a lot). The cab of that truck probably smelled delightful!

bryan21384, InTooDeep and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    The grandkids want to know if that's one of the gates of hell?

tucker Thanks this.
  11. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Vitriol?
    No more like pity. You know the kind you feel watching those Sarah McLaughlin videos of whipped dogs.....yeah that is how to look at an OOIDA member. To whipped, abused, and neglected to understand they are licking the hand of the people whipping them.

And no love of Knifty either. Just find the hypocrisy of believing those whipped dogs dont have their problem children ludicrous.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.