Fired for drinking off duty while on the road?

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by kablerat, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Who saying its illegal illega?...

But it clearly a company policy... Just as it is for all megas.. Which they have 0 tolerance for.

Swiss Mountain Dog and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I said it wasn't illegal because they guy's acting like he got a DUI. Explain a miscommunication about company policy and nobody will care.

4. kablerat

kablerat Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2019
    I was aware of the non drinking policy, but it was never explained that you couldn't drink while off duty. I didnt even ask him if I could. He said go ahead, its no big deal. I dont care for the comparison to smoking crack comment. I wasnt going to drink in the truck at all. He told me it was fine. You know how orientaion goes. They whisk you through every policy as fast as they can while also whisking you off for drug tests and physicals, then having to endure the constant mindless ####### questions from people who dont get anything at all. I never saw anything that said you couldnt have alcohol in the truck while off duty and on 10hr rest. Thats besides the point. I was told it was okay by someone that was trained to be a mentor and he should not have mislead me to believe that it was okay.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  5. kablerat

kablerat Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2019
    And yes Im acting like it was a DUI because now it is on my DAC and nobody will even look at me.

6. Snakeschasingcars

Mar 22, 2018
    Yeah i get you. Its not a dui. Its not realy that big of a deal to me personally either. But he knew the it was a 0 tolerance thing and its a big deal to alot of companys. Tryning to say he didnt know or someone else said it was ok. Pfff be a man and own up to it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
    Reason for edit: Insults.
  7. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    What exactly is on your DAC? What does it say when you get your report?

p608 Thanks this.
  8. kablerat

kablerat Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2019
    I've already owned up to it. I just don't think this is something that should blacklist a new driver. I never got a letter of termination, a phone call, nothing. I was upfront and honest with them and that wasn't even taken into consideration. Just ignored and thrown to the curb.

9. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    That sucks. I was gonna start a shot of whiskey before bed routine.

10. Snakeschasingcars

Mar 22, 2018
    No you havent... You blame it on your mentor mento.. Thats not owning ####...

Aslong as you blame others for what you did. Any body even thinking of givimg you a 2nd chance wont. Because you will do it again.

Smut Thanks this.
  11. kablerat

kablerat Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2019
    I dont know exactly. I havent recieved it yet, but I've been turned down from two other companies because it sais something about violation of company policy. I've sent in a request to Hireright to have it investigated. They said they have concluded their investigation, and have sent out mail for the results. Im pretty sure that means, screwed!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.