Fired for drinking off duty while on the road?

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by kablerat, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Blackjack55

Blackjack55 Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2018
    Remembering the 1970s movie the duel, truck drivers in the truck stop were having beer with lunch.Times gave really changed.Truck stops should not sell alcohol

Tombstone69, VIDEODROME and Badmon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    cracks me up every #### time man . . .

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  4. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    Its making a point... Plus if you dint have enuf common sence to know that you will get fired drinking in a compamy truck than you mise well be smoking crack too.

LoSt_AgAiN and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  5. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Having alcohol in a commercial vehicle is as brilliant as the idiots with dope. The faster they are run out of the industry the better.

6. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    That because it's how some of them act.o_O

Snakeschasingcars Thanks this.
  7. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    thats what the industry attracts, you get what you pay for

8. kablerat

kablerat Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2019
    To some of you, you are acting like all I wanted to do is get in the truck and drink. As I stated in the first post, I was going to drink outside. That was my decision. He said it was okay. He was the person in charge. This was his truck. It was his decision to tell me it was okay to drink in his truck. He said we were on a 10hr break at a truck stop and it was perfectly okay to do it. How is he not at fault for at least his participation in it? How does he still have a job and I dont? Im not an idiot as some snake charmers may believe, but bad judgement on my part. Just looking to get out of a bad situation.

Aamcotrans Thanks this.
  9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I see nothing wrong with having a beer on your break. It's not the end of the world. One thing in training, you have to be on your best behavior. You can't have beer in the truck with your trainer (the reason Swift found out, yes your trainer dogged you out). You were in your mentor's truck. These trainers have an obligation to the company to weed out what may be bad apples. Whenever you get on with another company, because you will get another opportunity, remember this: if you have any doubt about what you are doing, don't take any chances.

10. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Wow man you got burned on that deal... your trainer screwed you big time... I'm sorry to hear that... I don't drink but if I did I would have to get it clear with HR First.... OH wait I am HR... lol sorry bud good luck to you!

11. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    There was a misunderstanding. Do not blame your trainer. It's not his fault that you wanted a drink. Nor am I faulting you for having your drink as others said I see nothing wrong with it in the slightest really. But it was a simple misunderstanding that the company could have been more clear on, your trainer could have been more aware of, but its a learning lesson. It's not over for you by any means

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.