Fired for open container ticket

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by gnp57, Jul 3, 2009.

1. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    We can thank insurance companies for most of this scrutiny, and of course lawyers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    i think it's going to be a huge obstacle, but not an absolute obstacle.

4. Beechvtail

Beechvtail Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    How long does this incident remain on your Driving Record?

5. gnp57

gnp57 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Would this block you from collecting unemployment as well ? The separation notice says "ineligible for the job".

6. Missmith0529

Missmith0529 Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2009
    columbus,ga
    off topic sorry.. but does anybod know how far back GA mvr record checks go on truckers for GA? I have only been here for 2 years

7. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I know this is a page back, but it stuck out, so I'm going to dwell on it for a minute.

Your example is ironic. I think you were trying to say that it'd be ludicrous to have to go through such hoops to be a model. I've worked in the entertainment industry, and while nudity isn't required, they do scrutinize every inch of your form, and what it looks like in the clothes you wear. So you've accidentally turned your analogy around on yourself. In Pictures, it's CRITICAL that you have the right look, and 99% of the time, you don't get the booking or the role based on your look...Even if it's just a little sunburn from a weekend at the beach.

So really, it's a perfect analogy for the trucking industry. Can you hold up in the long term? Any tattoos [fired or quit impulsively]? What's your record of keeping your body [license] in shape? Are you prone to blemishes [tickets] or skin damage [accidents]? It all shows up in the camera [the crucible that is driving 150k miles a year], and it looks bad.

Every time I went in for an audition, I knew that they were probably going to size me up and hire or not hire without even giving me the chance to open my mouth. Every trucking company I apply to is going to see that one speeding ticket before they pick up the phone to call me. All because if there's somebody else that's a better look for the project, they're higher value to pick up.

Just food for thought.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.