Fired from Bolt Express.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by UturnGirl, Jul 28, 2020.

1. DustyRoad

DustyRoad Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Gulf of Mexico
    Bummer....stay away from the big fleets...there are small fleets that can help.

Coffey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    That's what kept me from ever turning the truck in for a leave of absence for a long time, just the thought of having to take everything out of the truck. I won't ever do that again. I swear.

alds, Freddy57 and bigguns Thank this.
  4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Depends on if it's active or dead. Night or day. Lots of room or very tight. I have slowed down MORE than the required limit when some were exposed and right beside me doing work. Depends on the situation.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    alds and 88228822 Thank this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I went through a night paving project yesterday around 0400.

50 mph limit, right lane closed being paved. By the time I came up on the paver, their spot lights were so bright I could hardly see.

Even 50 mph seemed too fast in reality.

alds, jamespmack, 88228822 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You know it. Some jerk claimed I hit him with my trailer on the Atlanta bypass. We were dead stopped and I changed lanes. So my company believed him and waited on the video. It never came, because I never hit the moron. After the incident he was hammer down in the 3rd lane with cars. But it took 30 minutes to unload and put my stuff in a rental car and drive home. After a week they called me and said can you come back? We need you tonight. So at 3 in the afternoon I drove back to Atlanta, after loading my rental car with my stuff, got to my truck and put the stuff back in, got a load and had to drive back to Nashville. I complained about all the hours and you will appreciate this.....my POS dispatcher said well you have been off a week, you should be rested up. So glad I finally separated myself from them.

mjd4277, Coffey, JolliRoger and 2 others Thank this.
  7. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    This...
    Webster's definition of pure douchebagery.

8. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    @UturnGirl @Misesian is hiring. you may bee outside his hiring area but with your ability to stay out for months at a time, that might sway his view.

rachi and Accidental Trucker Thank this.
  9. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    yep. I had a guy I thought was good, but he flaked. Got a couple leads I’m working on right now. If you’re interested in a salary position @UturnGirl shoot me a PM and I’ll contact you.

10. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    One time I would say that's just bad luck.

But she's been busted now TWICE speeding in construction zones. I've been recently passed by more highly governed trucks ignoring speed limits in construction zones so much lately it's nice to know that some of these moro......I mean people are getting pulled over and stopped.

She ignores speed limits in these zones and should be kept off the road. I'm sorry, it's just the way I feel. Taking responsibility for your behavior doesn't change anything with regards to whether I think she should be driving a CMV.

I am that ####### that goes the speed limit in every construction zone at all times. I piss people off but I get to wave to the bears in these zones and they stay put when I pass by. These people are trying to fix our roads and putting their lives at risk. Respect them, slow the hell down, and get through the zone.

Good luck finding a job but I would just retire if I were you.

jamespmack, Coffey and kwswan Thank this.
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Some of the worst offenders I've seen speeding through construction zones are pickup trucks, with road contractor signs on the sides of the doors. If they can't police themselves, they can't expect the general public to follow the rules.

Trinidad, speedyk, mjd4277 and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.