Fired while training, for roll over

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by maffy95, Apr 18, 2020.

1. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I'm glad I came across this thread! With a little help from you and BYOB&CBD leasing your friend's future can look bright! I propose that you and him team up in one of my fine vehicles, and you help him finish training. If all goes right and everybody keeps their nose clean, in just a few years that little incident with that rollover will be forgiven, and you guys can continue as is, or go your seperate ways. Just think of it, you and you friend tooling down the road in a vehicle with NEW matresses, pointy lugnut covers and your choice of reclining girl chrome mudflaps OR Yosemite Sam GET BACK mudflaps. Plus he would have the benefit of your many years of experience to teach him the things he needs to know like where to park, how to deal with law enforcement and how to negotiate with a lot lizard. I think it's a win win for everybody!
    Don't forget about my new lease starter kit, only $229.95 with everything you need to start your new lease.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Post of the day. Calling it now.

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Lol, that’s hilarious!! My friend thinks that his friend needs to find some new friends.Ones that don’t drive Trucks.

buddyd157, Long FLD, okiedokie and 3 others Thank this.
  5. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    In low speed maneuvers, one can almost always stop and assess the situation if necessary. The driver must be able to judge if they can make it or not. Better to stop and have to back out than to get in too deep. Sometimes when I pickup or deliver I have to hit the flashers and get out and walk the area ahead. It beats just driving into an unknown bad situation that's for sure.

6. LoSt_AgAiN

LoSt_AgAiN Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2018
    My friend thinks that your friends future going forward will either involve Golden Arches or perhaps an ethnic themed place with a large bell.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I have a friend, who has had 3 rollovers, no it’s not Me. I’ve never rolled over (yet). He’s Been somewhat of a Mentor to Me for 25 yrs, He’s a very good Driver, which is why it’s pretty funny to Me. Especially rolling over twice within a few months, and once in ice and snow, with wife onboard, on the entrance ramp to the scalehouse. lol. it didn’t end his career. Still Trucking. He’s quite the character, but admits his mistakes.

8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I had an old boss that stopped at an off ramp to take a piss. Jumped out without setting the brakes, and the truck rolled over his legs as he stood between the tractor and trailer. He still drives, although he has a pronounced limp, and gets one of those nifty handicap placards.

9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

@maffy95 Don't reply to the ones giving you ####, or put them on ignore so you don't see their replies. Engaging with them just feeds the frenzy. Can't argue, etc with someone if the other party doesn't take the bait. Getting all riled up is like saying..."Hey you, could you kick me in the nuts repeatedly?".

As to the rest of this thread..

Gotta love the internet.

Some of you must be in excellent shape the way you spin arguments, jump to conclusions an leap bounds in assumptions. I would point out how you could just go read his past posts to see if he's lying about his fleet or experience, but alas, why bother. It's more entertaining watching this train wreck unfold.

Haha! Can you blame him if he didn't? Look at the crap he's receiving. Telling said friend to post here would be like tossing a kitten into a pool full of meth infused sharks in a feeding frenzy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ;)

[​IMG]

I have no clue if the OP is telling the truth, nor do I claim he is, or the friend is real or not. I'm only here because it's entertaining then all get out. We need things to laugh at during these trying times. So thanks for being entertaining .

Sirscrapntruckalot - Train wrecks, you just can't look away.

Image attached was censored by me due to language.

Attached Files:

lsnook24 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I simply love the fact the op refuses to answer why he won't hire him as a driver in his company.....
    I mean he was here 11 minutes ago reading this post (as per TTR's profile thing), so it's not like he can miss the question.

11. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    How did the rollover happen? Did he cut the turn too tight and his trailer went into the ditch???

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.