Fired

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Brutus2044, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brutus2044

Brutus2044 Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2019
    I have applied at everyone of these I guess I’ll see what happens

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  4. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I know, I’m just saying the hiring process is faster and it’s a yes or no if they can insure you.

I once got hired somewhere and they thought I had two duis in a 3 month period and they were still going to let me work. None of that was true but they came up to me saying how they knew about it. Long story short I was mixed up with someone else. Either way they weren’t going to fire me.

5. Brutus2044

Nov 12, 2019
    Ok I understand that but how do you find mom and pop shops now a days?

6. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I just talk to drivers in my area and see who’s good.

Sometimes I just look at nice trucks I see and read google reviews and if they are good I call them.

just take the first job you can get and worry about the rest later once you get home and can breathe a little bit.

you in good shape? Holidays are right around the corner and food and booze delivery is gonna be booming and probably need all the help they can get... pay will be good too.

Texas_hwy_287 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  8. Brutus2044

Nov 12, 2019
    So let me tell you how it went down. My girl lives in the Philippines and I had saved up to go on the trip to see her. I put in notice that I was going to be gone for 12 days to see her 3 months prior they didn’t ok it until 3 days before I left I left and spent more than I should have to have a good time with her. I came back went to go to a job and swap out in the swap out truck got all the way there they called me and asked me to drive the hour and a half back I did and no one would answer my calls 3 days later they call me into the office and tell me they were letting me go. The only reason they didn’t tell me or dispatch was because the boss was hunting and they wanted to wait for him. What a great vacation that was

9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Every working driver should have another trucking company in their pocket to go to on short notice. Use a few minutes to search until you have a few options and then spend a few minutes each week or month selecting between them. You never know when your current company will be bought or closed.

10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I would not put a lot of stock in what my friend tells me, myself.

If you live near Memphis, get out and beat the bush, it should be easy enough to find a driving job there.

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Ehhhh if he had those and while bunch of vehicle maintenance violations it might. I know Magnum looks at that. The want a CSA score 30 or less.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.