Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Nice, truck, I like the color. It'll probably pull better than an EVO, I believe those use a slightly different engine spec. DD13 or DD15 or ISX?

That's good you don't have to worry about HIT. Would suck to have just spent several hundred on new red coolant then have to hook up to some trailer where the last guy that was pulling it had green. Man I would be pissed lol.

Since you already have some driving experience from your time at SNI, how come they have you going out with a trainer for 7 days?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. firespock

firespock Heavy Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Smyrna, Ga
    Its a DD13, and its a minimum reqiurement of Qc to have 7 days of training its not driving training actually lol just hands on delivery/loading and paperwork

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  4. dustingreenway

dustingreenway Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Atlanta
    I live in Atlanta. Got one more week at Atlanta Tech to get my CDL. I am going with Schneider. And I want to go with Tanker. I have alot I want to ask you. I cant send you a msg cause I havn't posted enough. if you want you can e-mail me at dustingreenway1@gmail.com Was orientation still 28-34 days? Is Regional less that OTR?

5. firespock

Jan 4, 2014
    Smyrna, Ga
    Alright so i realize i havent posted in a while but been getting settled so i finished training sunday and got my first load it was deadhead 314 miles from luling, la to sterlington, la left monday and got loaded tuesday morning then delivered in Carrollton, ga and then drop in morrow, ga at my terminal that load was 802 fc miles at $0.26 fc and the load paid to the truck $1084 + fc. Paid $363 total in fuel and def because got truck with 3/8 diesel and 3/4 def. I had another load today to pick up preloaded in covington, ga. Got to terminal to get paperwork cause was told it would be ready to pick up at noon well when i got there manager said it wasnt until 1600 to be loaded so he had me shuttle a trailer to a customer in lithonia and then bbt to another qc terminal not my affiliate cause they had a brand new trailer that was for us. Dropped it off at the terminal then grabbed an empty to take to my customer to give them an empty and get mine. Well got there and checked in to find out the trailer dropped off prior was rear and not center and consignee required center and we didnt have any near by so they cancelled their load. Now got a load monday morning from pell city, al to mesquite, tx. When i find out the pay i will keep everyone posted.

harlycharly55, mike-v and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  6. firespock

Jan 4, 2014
    Smyrna, Ga
    Harly you old man go to sleep lol

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  7. harlycharly55

harlycharly55 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Gotta love LOGISTICS! Makes you wonder how some people even have a job!

8. harlycharly55

harlycharly55 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I started my 'day' at 20:00!

9. firespock

Jan 4, 2014
    Smyrna, Ga
    Well my terminal manager thought the trailer that was there was a center but it turned out not being one and the one i took was rear so cancelled it but he said they might try again monday cause shipper closed for weekend

10. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I hope you were paid for 'shuttling' those trailers.
    I just hit my 6 month mark today at my company. Had to do an aqua ammonia pump unload yesterday in Scottsdale. I hadn't used my pump in almost 3 months and had to struggle a bit to remember about vapor recovery. Remembered why I didn't like it. Hoses all over the darn place.

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  11. tyuio8

tyuio8 Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2015
    how is everything going

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.