Firespock on with QC as L/P IC

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by firespock, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Channahon or Joliet? I've been at Channahon 5 hours to make a delivery. You would think deliveries would be moved around everyone getting loaded, but..... Nope.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Lemont

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  4. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Hello all. Am thinking of going to QC. Well, more than thinking. Im in the process.
    So I see on July 20 everything was peachy keen then 3 months later everything is dog ####? Now nothing for about 2 months?
    Sounds like the DB program isn't that great after all, but how is QC? Are they still a good outfit to run for? What about a new truck through the Keys program? Would that deal work alright? Same price for the truck pretty much, but its new and under warranty, and its new. So hopefully the truck will last till the payments are done.
    Thoughts? Updates?

5. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    I was going to lease on but they had some issues at the affiliate so I declined. It could be something good for you as mostly all terminals are affiliates just ask questions about things that concern you when you interview with the terminal manager. Good Luck!!!

6. AZ Pete

Dec 27, 2017
    Ya man. These guys were so gungho and then its like a light switch was flipped. What happened?
    I know you have to separate the wheat from the chaff, And I also know there is always 2 sides to a story and no single party will tell you the truth. They are going to embellish their side.
    Ive seen some stuff around the webs and reading between the lines their is more to these stories than being told by the story tellers. But a couple of these guys seemed like they were being honest about the situation and then......... nothing.
    Sure would be good to hear an update on the situation.
    I mostly want to know about QC.

7. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    It really comes down to which location you're working at. Some affiliates are good, some not so much. Some work well with others, others do not. Some affiliates have their own trailers, others use the QC pool. Some will offer decent loads to get back some will only offer garbage. It's a system you have to learn like anything else.
    My only suggestion is to STAY AWAY FROM A DB truck.

Rix43 and slim shady Thank this.
  8. AZ Pete

Dec 27, 2017
    Ya, its too bad about DB. They are cool looking trucks. It would be worth it if the build quality was there. I dunno, maybe the prices for those things are in line, but I don't think they are the truck to buy if you have to actually work the truck to pay for it. When I was talking to my wife she asked me, do they build them like Foose? Or like Gas Monkey?
    It appears like Gas Monkey. LOL
    It sounds like QC is a company you can make money at. I haven't seen anything that says guys aren't making money................... as long as they work that is.

9. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    At QC “It’s all about the Affiliate”!!!

10. AZ Pete

Dec 27, 2017
    Ya, Im getting that. Supposed to be hearing from the St. Louis one.

Majestic 670 Thanks this.
  11. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I've heard st Louis is pretty good. Place I go to has then delivering all the time. Most guys are happy.

Majestic 670 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.