First major issue with my truck....

Discussion in 'Swift' started by DickJones, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DickJones

DickJones Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2010
    thats classic, papa....my truck is plain too....plain red. so what? Does your ego take a hit everytime you're passed by a newer truck? (yes...1974 does classify as 'newer'...lol)

but tell me, what am i to do when i take my truck into a kenworth dealer telling them the problem, OBVIOUSLY sounding like a starter....and i tell them, "pretty sure its the starter".....but then they dont bother looking at the starter? 2nd time i went there, you bet your az they changed the starter.

and actually, i did answer you as to whether swift pays me percentage....and i told you i didn't take that option. But then again....i guess i should have just made it simple and easy for you to read and said "no". I apologize for using too many words.

and again with the "richard" measuring.....why? do you think i'm impressed you have a house? big whooptie doo.....

and you think i still only have one belt....LOL !!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DickJones

Aug 16, 2010
    6 channels? you're lucky....we only had 3.....well 4 if you counted public television as a channel. =)

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    That was our case too. Alphabet soup of networks!:biggrin_2559:

5. paparas

paparas Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Well the majority considers 1999 old, but guess what, like I said before, it does its job. You're the one who's ego takes a hit each time someone tries to set you strait

You gave them the authorization to replace the battery at a extreme amount, enough said
    You're right, for once because I jumped the gun, still , 65% just covers your expenses and a small salary, just like your mileage pay

You're the one who assumed I'm trailer park trash.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  6. DickJones

Aug 16, 2010

oh...so i'm not making a dime doing this? you mean i'm working for FREE......DAMMMMIIITTTTT......oh wait, my settlement checks tell me otherwise. which one should i look at then? you or my checks?

again, why do drivers always compare? "my dad can beat up your dad" arguments dont ever work with me...cause honestly i dont care. you couldn't make it on $1000 a week? fine. so what?? would i be "happier" making $2k a week takehome? no....i wouldnt be 'happier'. cause money doesnt make the man. it sure would be nice, but there is a trade off with EVERYTHING. I'm happy what i'm making......but why is what i make so important to you and others? you afraid i'm not paying my fair share of taxes so you can get that free healthcare from obama? (which will be recended in Jan....hahahaha)

7. DickJones

Aug 16, 2010
    yep...ABC, NBC, CBS and......UHF. LOL

8. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Yep! Those are the ones! I miss the good Saturday morning cartoons.:biggrin_25525:

Buckeye 'bedder Thanks this.
  9. DickJones

Aug 16, 2010
    yeah...then after cartoons i had to go clean my room...but after that, i could watch bowling on ABC. LOL

10. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Cleaning my room was easy . . . shove it all in the closet or under the bed . . . the outside to terrorize the neighborhood!:biggrin_2559:

11. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    3 channels?
    you were spoiled
    in the wilds of canada we only had one channel-cbc-
    so yes--i played outside alot as a kid

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.