first pay check.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by porcupyne13, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Jackofalltrades1977

Jackofalltrades1977 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Salisbury, NC
    Palm doesn't begin to compare with the functionality of the iPhone or the iPad.

Also, this isn't something I bought because it was cool to have, I bought it so I wouldn't go out of my mind from boredom at my last job. Then I just fell in love with it and got my wife one. She said they were pointless wastes of money...just try to get hers away from her now.

There are very practical applications that would make life on the road a lot easier. Navigation, book keeping, communications, etc. I have a 2.5 year old I have spent about every day with since birth, so it'll be hard on both of us but the fact that we can do face to face chat via iPhone will make the transition a lot easier.

I couldn't care less about what others think. Am I old school? Nope, never claimed to be. Will that make me less of a driver? Nope. I believe in the "work smarter, not harder" matra and this is merely one way to acheive that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T-Lady

T-Lady Medium Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Wautoma, WI
    Really? Someone thinks that the data plan itself costs $150/month? I don't know about anyone else, but my data plan costs about $30 per month...that is in addition to my phone bill, which brings me just over $109 per month, including taxes. Unlimited minutes and texting in addition...that means I can keep in touch with family and friends and surf the internet without paying those silly truckstop wi-fi fees...plus as someone else posted, my smart phone can multitask. Useful toy/tool.

Jackofalltrades1977 Thanks this.
  4. U4EA

U4EA Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Only because Microsoft sold the Windows operating system source code to every computer/software manufacturer in the 80's; HP, IBM, NEC; and a half of dozen more.

Apple never sold their operating system. There was only one Apple/Mac.

By selling the Windows source code to multiple vendors, Windows had, and still has (for the most part), the PC market; though, Apple products gain more and more followers by the year.

5. MNoutkast

MNoutkast Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Elk River, MN
    Yup now you can buy an Apple that runs windows, uses Intel processors, uses the same RAM and outdated graphics cards all for the low price of 10 times a comparable Wal-Mart laptop.

U4EA and samurai Thank this.
  6. samurai

samurai Heavy Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Fairborn, OH
    yeah i will never understand why someone would pay way more to have something that has an apple icon on it. You can get the same aps and same stuff on an android phone or a windows based laptop or desktop for at least half the price. But some people like to spend more money than others.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.