First time adding an owner operator

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Fares, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Fares

Fares Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2021
    IL
    I just went on the website that most people suggested for me ooida @Judge
    They are saying the same thing as my insurance guy is saying. I will include a picture of what they are saying that owner operator can have their own insurance. This is what my insurance guy is trying to explain to me that this is how they do it recently.
    Please see attached picture. what everyone thinks about this??
    I will include a link of the whole page as well. It is mentioning a lot of things even trailer coverage.

Take Control of Your Own Insurance | For Leased Owner-Operators

@Midwest Trucker @brian991219

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    They are speaking of bobtail/unladen, physical damage. Liability/cargo can only be in the name of the authority holder.

Oxbow, Fares and brian991219 Thank this.
  4. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Oxbow, Fares and brian991219 Thank this.
  5. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    As much as I dislike these. You should have trade secrets/nonsolicitation agreement written by your attorney. They must sign off on it, or no work.

Not a requirement. But I would with any lease owner op.

Add that a equipment lease needs to spell out payment to carrier.

Fares and nikmirbre Thank this.
  6. Fares

Fares Bobtail Member

Sep 14, 2021
    IL
    Hello everyone, I hope all doing great. I know I have been gone for a while, but was getting things together. I did it the right way that was mentioned here by the pros. Liability, cargo on me.
    I am running now in a different situation, different problem. I am trying to activate UIIA, the form that they need signed, progressive doesn’t do it. It is for intermodal loads. I am looking into a different insurance, but it is expensive and even more confusing. I will list the questions here.
    1) are you looking to haul local or unlimited miles? What does local stand for in insurance?? Same state or limited miles??
    Unlimited miles way more expensive.
    2) also confused if I need both state and federal tax filling. What’s the different? How I know which one I need?
    3) worker compensation, can owner operator get their own or I have to get it??
    I will include you guys because you have been such a great help for me. If you can explain those things, it will be appreciate it.
    @brian991219
    @Midwest Trucker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.