First year otr

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ultratowel, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Stevens Transport trains in Tampa.
    Our approved Tampa CDL Training Location:
    8501-B Sabal Industrial Blvd. || Tampa, FL 33619
    Tampa CDL Training
    Due to rapid growth for regional and dedicated drivers, Stevens Driving Academy of Texas, LP has partnered with Tampa Truck Driving School to recruit and train new truck drivers in Tampa, FL. TTDS has an excellent reputation, and offers outstanding hands on training. Our strategic partnership allows new drivers the opportunity to take advantage of employer based training while earning their Commercial Drivers License. Once on the road, the graduates of the TTDS program earn up to $50,000 in their first year and $70,000 in their third year.
    By training at Tampa’s leading CDL training program, will place your professional driving career on the fast track. In addition to helping students receive their CDL, certified professional trainers teach new drivers the industry best practices to help them become the best and safest drivers on the road. Their students receive the time and attention needed to help them succeed during an intense three (3) week commercial driving school.

Tampa CDL Training
    Our approved partner, Tampa Truck Driving School, starts a new training class every Monday.

[​IMG]

Metallica88 and Ultratowel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Holy thread resurrection

A21CAV, x1Heavy and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He's still looking!

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This might work for you; they have a warehouse in Holly Hill.
    Driver Helper - free cdl school if you prove yourself as a driver helper. CDL school, then a fully paid Class-A driver.

Job Description

SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. Our Lancaster distribution center has openings for Driver Helpers to assist our delivery drivers by unloading and stocking product during routes. SYGMA will assist Driver Helpers to obtain their Class A CDL license so they can become qualified Drivers at SYGMA.

General Summary:

The Driver Helper position is responsible for assisting the driver in the unloading of product at customer locations. Work is heavy in nature. Half the day is spent riding in a tractor/trailer unit. Must be able to climb into trailer, lift 50 lb. boxes frequently, lift up to 75 lb. boxes occasionally, and move product on the Hand truck. Helper routes are local and will require working at night.
    We offer the following:

• Average weekly pay for a driver helper is $600-$650 per week
    • Company will pay to send Helpers to the local CDL College to obtain a Class A CDL
    • Great benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options
    • If you are interested in joining our team, please visit our website www.sygmanetwork.com to learn more about the company and apply online.
    • [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Ultratowel Thanks this.
  7. Ultratowel

Ultratowel Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Thank you China. I’m amazed by how much you really go to hell people on here. I really hope my doctor gets me on these blood pressure meds in January and I can find a place my health insurance will cover a sleep study. Aside from that I will be home free! This Tampa location sounds great. I’m considering mid Florida tech since it’s only 20 minutes from where I live then just try to find a company that can offer me tuition reimbursement. I’m really worried about doing a company sponsored program. Quoting my job for t then end up failing the program and being homeless.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Florida Tech is an excellent choice. We can come up with some companies that do tuition reimbursement.
    www.rpmhst.com may be able to help with the sleep apnea and also help with your insurance company covering it.

9. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    You WILL spend more money on the road. Keep that in mind.

x1Heavy and Oldironfan Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @wfutch79 - does J&R Schugel do tuition reimbursement? I can't get their website to open.

Here's some with tuition reimbursement:
    Freymiller - www.drive4freymiller.com
    Contract Freighters - www.cfidrive.com
    Schneider - tanker division is big money; take home over a thousand a week. They have drivers in the dry van & reefer divisions barely making over $30K, and that's what they post on here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    Ultratowel Thanks this.
  11. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.