FIXED 07 VT830 Transmission temperature sensor issue, tracing power

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by sbreeden, May 7, 2019.

1. sbreeden

sbreeden Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2016
    After fixing both rear differential temperature sensors, repaired wire harness and replace a sensor. The transmission temperature sensor issue seems to be more difficult to find, the wire harness runs into the cab.

Can someone post a wiring diagram of the harness, I am not getting any voltage to the connector just above the batteries. Don't see any fuses in the box for the sensor nor do I have any blown, power must be coming for somewhere, but where?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sbreeden

sbreeden Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Found the wiring harness, it runs into the cab along the floor. The broken wire harness was were you rest your foot when not shifting. I reposition the harness to run more towards the door frames and closer to the firewall.

If you get a No Data on the dash for the transmission and both rear axles, the wire harness has a break or a bad sensor. The onboard diagnosis will tell you which area but not the why, my had all three not working, your end code should be FMI 6.

Use a volt meter and measures the voltage at the connectors it should read 4.43V with the key in the on position. If not, you have a broken harness wire. If you do read voltage at the connector, then it's the sensor or corrosion on the plugs. This method is for both rear differential too, they uses the same sensors.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    W903B, Bakerman, boneebone and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.