Flat glass door options.

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by w9l, May 24, 2020.

1. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Anyone know what interchangability is with W9L /T6/T8 flat glass trucks are? I have seen 2 W9A trucks with daylite doors on them so I know there are some late model doors that fit older cabs. Are there any doors other than day lite doors that do not have a wing window that will interchange with a flat glass cab?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    My 98 W900B has flat glass and daylite doors. I've seen the A models with daylites also, can't remember what the guys said was involved in the conversion. It should be a straight up bolt on conversion for any B cab, but the older ones I can't remember.

mile marker 27 and w9l Thank this.
  4. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN
    Doors are interchangeable. It's the different striker plates on the door post that have to be addressed. Wing window doors have a stud that the door latches on. Wing window doors that are 2003 through 2005 have the interior door latch up higher in the door because of the different dash style.

w9l Thanks this.
  5. w9l

w9l Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Are there any non- wing window doors other than the day lite doors? I am working with a 93 flat glass L. (Considered a B model cab iirc) Just not sure if day lite doors would fit my "old body flat top theme" but I am sick of looking through a vent glass I haven't had open once or twice in 15yrs or so. Got broke into via the wing glass and they broke the latch off so I have those anti theft lock things on them. The way I set and look in passenger mirror the upright seperator bar is right in the way of my view. That is one of FEW things I like better about our 379 with mirrors on doors. It has vent glass too but not in the way.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  6. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN
    Only two type of doors for the b-model cab. You can change to daylight doors, with slight modification to the door striker setup. A drill and jig saw is all you need. The door hinge mounting is the same. The daylight doors use a u striker compared to the stud striker on vent window doors.

Bean Jr., mile marker 27 and w9l Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.