flatbed companies with lease purchase

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by krazzyboi_44, Jan 5, 2018.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Yes they do, unless it's a local delivery type thing and then the money usually isn't too good.
    With a flatbed LP you'd have to live in the truck, run every mile you can get, and not be home hardly at all.
    Tankers can be kind of boring sometimes depending on what you're doing but most guys stick with it. From what I've seen personally and what I've heard the most bucks and the best working conditions are on tankers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    OMG for real?

4. kenners76

kenners76 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2017
    I'm home most weekends made 30k with the company last year started in July now weekend granted isn't Saturday and Sunday night be Thursday Friday or Friday Saturday just depends on how far away I ran

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Miller Transporters has some type of purchase program.
    [​IMG]

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Actually, they do offer a LP: Lease Purchase Program | Success Leasing, INC.

Not sure if they offer it to someone new, might need to complete a straight lease first. I know they don't let you spec a truck until you complete your first straight lease.

It seems the majority of people that I talked to that were still there from "Old Prime" preferred the straight lease. Maybe there was some tax benefit from that route. Or they didn't want to wrench on the equipment...

7. Musashi

Musashi Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Not true. I'm home every weekend. I'm relaxing at home right now writing this. The key is to find a regional flatbed company. I'm in AZ and run CA, NM, NV, and UT. The farthest I run is Northern Cali, but still home by Friday night or Sat early morning.

nightgunner Thanks this.
  8. Musashi

Musashi Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    So much misinformation. Completely not the case. I'm home every weekend. Why would anyone think flatbedders stay out longer than dry or reefers? Flatbedders have a lot of regional work. Receivers are not going to buy drywall, wood, or steel from across the country. They buy regional.

RedRover, RedBeardedT and nightgunner Thank this.
  9. OTL TRUCKING

OTL TRUCKING Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2018

10. OTL TRUCKING

OTL TRUCKING Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2018
    What area are you out of??

11. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    This is not the case for all l.p. flatbed.

ATS has lease and lease purchase. Don't accept new drivers, but experienced drivers without flatbed experience will be trained.

Shardrk and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.