Flatbed companies???

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by BruceWayne911, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Lone Star Transportation hires with 1 yr. driving experience.
    Transport National - terminal in Youngstown & Cincinnati
    Valley Transportation
    Mansur Trucking

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    TheBusker and BruceWayne911 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    There are tons of good companies out there.

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately the good companies rarely come up on threads here. They don't show up on the interweb. They are the companies that take a little more effort then typing to land a job.

The usual recommendations show up directing people to bottom rung companies that are desperate to put drivers in their seats. There is a reason why companies like Britton/Bison, Tmc, Melton, etc become training companies. It isn't because they are trying to be generous...............

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is one called EckMiller out of Rockport In. They and I are not friends, but I am happy to introduce you to them because they do run good equipment and have piles of new tools and stuff to put on your nice covered wagon. Steel out of the Lake plants and Aluminum from central KY (London? I need to double check that) for Anhauser Busch in Williamsburg VA was my personal specality, three coils alumimum eye to sky across the smokies.

Occasionally once every two months I go to Allentown loading custom built machinery from a 30 man shipper who spent 3 months building it with love by hand, Those went to the railroad shops near Slope and sometimes into Ohio for other heavy factories that had it custom ordered and made. (Slope is horseshoe Curve on the old PA RR near Harrisburg as the crow flies. there are or were big time shops there axles also come to mind, big logs of steel to be assembled into wheelsets for trains)

Like i said, they are not friends with me for a variety of reasons, however if you can stand them, they will load you every day going somewhere every night. Money too much to spend each week. I did discover a wonderful winter spent on I-10 with them for 5 months or so running pipe one way and chain the other. Mutually beneficial. But family complained. Long story short I made it more for me than for them.

DeagonKennels Thanks this.
  5. BruceWayne911

BruceWayne911 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Ohio

How do you find these companies that don't advertise alot?

cke and MJ1657 Thank this.
  6. BruceWayne911

BruceWayne911 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Ohio

I'll look into them. If you don't mind me asking what happened. Is there something I should know about before applying?

7. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Stay away from Western Express. They have the worst reputation among flatbedders.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  8. Crusader66

Crusader66 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Any companies you want to know about and what people have to say about them just scroll up to the top of the page and type in the company name in the search box and wahlah!

9. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    You knock on doors.

10. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    All of those Klinkzor are decent companies, with the exception of western express. A couple of them even qualify as good, depending on what the driver is looking for.

cke, Crusader66 and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Nothing that I have not written about in some of the many posts in the past. This company has a habit of starving truckers who do not do well with Dispatch and lost against me and Maryland a pretty big money case regarding previous case work proven that workers should not be deprived of work that pays enough money to adequately provide for themselves to continue the work in a good manner. So they were legally wrong in shorting my miles until I quit after savings ran out. But they blacklisted in those days carefully and made sure that I would not be running steel in the midwest again. That is that for the two of us. Water under the bridge.

I still recommend them because when things are well there is plenty of work and they know where it is and where to get loaded. The risk is you would find yourself running TOO much and then miss one load being late and then downhill from there. Just need to be very careful and have ALOT of savings with you. Not that it matters if they hang you out of a truckstop 6 months with no load at all. You are still one truck in a company that moves 350,000 loads in a year. You would be gone soon enough.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.