Flatbed Company Drivers in here Please

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by RECON08, May 25, 2010.

1. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    You'll be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, I'm doing OK. It could be much better. For example, today's load. It had one drop today in Lubbock, TX and the final in Rio Rancho, NM for tomorrow. I got both of today because I hustled. Did I get rewarded? No, I get to sit all night with hours available that I could have worked because no one wanted to go the extra mile and find me a load.

Maybe it is me, but it seems like everything is going downhill up at St. Cloud.

To be fair, I did look on ATS Surway site and there were no loads near me.

But what the hey, I'm special and they should treat me that way!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bucksplitter

bucksplitter Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2010
    terrylamar thanks i have been with ats 6months and didnt know about the surway site
    uncle snooty i have been doing good so far with ats but i would agree st cloud people must have there brains frozen here latly

4. goodgoshalready

goodgoshalready Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Columbus,MS
    can a guy net $50k a year in the lp program? i work for a heavy haul company in the south pulling 19axle,13 axle steerables, 11 axle rgns, and every other oddball load no other company wants to deal with. The best i am doing as a company driver is around 50k. I am interested in the lease purchase, but to be honest, am scared to death of it at the same time. Things are going down here, looking to make a move somewhere.

5. terrylamar

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I think so, I make more than that. If you can show proof of heavy haul you can start out as a higher classification with more earning potential.

Some unsolicited advice, go on the lease program, but do not purchase. The buyout on your truck will be inflated and probably not worth it. After you complete at least on lease you have the option of going on the Capitol Lease Program or the T.A.P.S. Program, don't ask me what it stands for. TAPS is for a new truck. For me, the difference between the buyout at the end of the lease and the Capitol Lease was $15,000.00 on the same truck.

Don't take any crapola from the lease guys, stand up and be a man.

You can do well and for the most part you are treated fairly.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  6. bradkmora

bradkmora Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2010
    cleveland,ms
    How many days is orientation.

7. bradkmora

bradkmora Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2010
    cleveland,ms
    Can anyone tell me if ats does their home work before a person makes it to orientation or after,my reasons for asking is I was told that my app.was approved and I dont want to go that far from home to be told that we found this on your record so we can not offer you employment,I was honest about my felony convictions,and my non-preventables on my record.

8. terrylamar

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I can't tell you for sure. I know they are still checking things out while you are there, verify employment and such.

I would call a recruiter and discuss your paticulars with him. They don't want to waste their time anymore than you do.

9. brooklynsfinest

brooklynsfinest Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2011
    brooklyn, ny
    hello just wondering if any "Current" L/O guys on line here and of course i have the whats really goin on # ATS??'s for ya, Please feel free to Holla Bakk , Appreciate your Time & Cooperation. Oh just in case anyone cares been pulln reefers for prime last 3yrs lookn to move on to REAL Freight/Work, Thanks Again!

10. bucksplitter

bucksplitter Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2010
    what you want to know brooklyn you going flat or van

11. HouseOfPain

HouseOfPain Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Beyond the milky way
    Do you need your hazmat and twic for the HH ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.