Flatbed Dually

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Erick Evans, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Erick Evans

Erick Evans Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2015
    Minneapolis, MN
    Does Landstar have loads for dually's pulling flatbed trailers?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WhitemL2010

WhitemL2010 Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Let me know what u find out pls

4. paintballer

paintballer Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2014
    You need to get approved to haul via their Brokerage side. I doubt if they would ever sign up a dually under their authority. So either you need your own authority or have your carrier sign up with their Brokerage side. They have 2 load boards one for their own O/O (BCO's) and a brokerage load board. Plus they also use other load boards for their Broker loads.

Then look for partial loads (LTL) sometimes a full load is lite enough if you have enough trailer length. A 40' goose neck can haul some of their step deck loads. I hauled lots of partials from them over the past 11 years. Make sure you are upfront about your rig though. No air ride and a hot shot (dually). This can cause a issue at times.

Good reasons to get out of those small rigs, hey its easier to get started, but the sooner you upgrade to a full size truck and trailer the better off you will be. Your not doing yourself any favors by staying with a Hot Shot rig, unless your business is in the back country serving the oil/gas industry.

5. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    On the load board there is freight for hotshots…..also alot of times ill see loads for flatbeds and in the comments it will say no hotshots….

6. paintballer

paintballer Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Forgot about that. But I always found that there was almost never a Hot Shot load. 99% of the loads I took were either listed as SD or FB loads. When I had my small rig I always was upfront about explaining it was a HS rig with no air ride.

The no HS thing was getting to be a issue at times.

7. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    I've seen a few a hotshot guys with the blue LS logo on their window. They must have been leased on. Just the other day I covered a military load for a drill, one of the trucks there was hotshot. Eureka California area, I've seen HS loads going there paying upwards of $5 a mile because the length restriction is to short for most rigs..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.