Flatbed equipment and rates ?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Greggg, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Seems like the guys that charge primo rates to go to dead areas and bounce out do better at the end of the year.
    Ymmv

spyder7723 and cke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Right, and again in my limited experience, you have a better chance at that primo rate, when you get heavier.
    I was one of those guys when I pulled the box. 3 bucks a mile into Denver, then run up to MT for close to 3, then deadhead to Rapid City for some cabinets back east. Seems tougher now that I'm in flats as there was a lot more lighter van freight than flat.
    Does that make sense? I'm having a retard day, so I dont know.

cke and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    My experience was different, I rarely hauled heavy because the rates was so cheap on most of the heavy stuff and I could scale 52,000 on my little T800 and wilson combo that I had a driver on.

I generally pulled a step and got better rates on average than the flat too, even though that rig was quite a bit heavier and closed tandem. I also bounced or spent a day or two either waiting on a load that paid better or put together an LTL load. With a step I could generally start putting together an ltl in the north west , add and substract to it all the way across, and come out with some good pay. It did take some unique tarping to make it work, but the money was there.

cke and RollinThunderVet Thank this.
  5. RollinThunderVet

RollinThunderVet Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2014
    This is what I plan on... gotta get a new set of tarps, and fix my ramps. At the moment, I'm a little out of alignment with my equipment, but it will come...

6. Doughboy18

Doughboy18 Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2019
    delete

Attached Files:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.