Flatbed freight

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by D.Tibbitt, Apr 1, 2020.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Are u guys staying busy in flatbed with this pandemic going on ?? I have been running the west coast for the last month. The only thing moving out here is lumber and roofing materials. Both cheap and heavy. Im working on load heading eastbound and get out of this blackhole they call the southwest.

U guys finding goood paying freight where ur at ? Or is it all starting to dry up like im finding out here? Do u guys think flatbed will stay afloat if this pandemic is extended thru the summer ? My hope is that when this all dies down, its alot of jobsites thats gonna need material ASAP and with the people that have parked their decks and picked up a van\reefer , we might see some good rates for a month or so ?. What u guys think ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    That's what I've been seeing the most of... lumber, shingles, various other building materials. And mulch, lol, plenty of mulch going on. Hundreds are dying every day but people still need their #### mulch. Here's a morbid thought, maybe they are using it to plant flowers on grave sites? (Oooooh, too soon?)

Ahem, uh anyway I am lucky enough to still be busy, but I work for an uncommon carrier. we kinda do our own thing for one customer.

4. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    We are struggling. There doesn't seem to be a good lane anymore. What's out there is cheap and a lot of trucks competing.

5. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Past fees days Virginia and Maryland have been bottom dollar leftovers.

6. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    That is good u guys have ur own customer . be able to make it thru this bloodbath alive . ive hauled more shingles and rolled roofing in the last month than i hauled all of last year . been getting good rates on it too, up until last week it dried up real fast.

7. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Man that is tough i figured u guys out east would be doing ok . alot of places are closing, alot of jobsites are closed out here

8. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    That is what it looks like . it is starting to worry me . im glad i went and saw my family for a week , looks like i might be on the road all summer trying to stay afloat , sheesh

9. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Last week I made $5000 in flatbed freight all less than 200 miles.

This week nothing but crap mulch and bullcrap lumber

10. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    Got lucky with this load of shingles. We were surprised it payed $2.05 / mile. The downside is I deliver in Nashville TN first thing and the load boards are ugly. So many companies shut down and states ordering shelter in place that freight is drying up.

FerrissWheel and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    U running spot market ?

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.