Flatbed/Open Deck/Machinery Haulers

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by cpape, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

That is an excellent idea to have him see first hand what drivers go through. It will be an invaluable experience for him down the road. I wish all csr's and fleet managers had to do the same thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    Yes, I think it will be. We kept him on the road for about a month. He got to experience what it is like to have to be home long enough to rest a little, do some laundry and have to head out on the road again. I have also heard him explain quite a few things to newer drivers that he learned by being out there.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  4. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I live about 30 miles north of Harrisburg PA. 9 years experience with 2 of that being OTR. the other 7 years being local. started out hauling farm machinery for a local JD dealer, then went to pull tanker OTR, then went local with tanker due to a growing family. I may be looking to go back to hauling farm machinery in the near future. Have experince with RGN, stepdeck, oversize and overweight although its been a while. Im just wondering whether i would be a good fit at Pape? as far as hometime, im thinking i would like to be home most weekends ( certainly dosent have to be every weekend though). And i would prefer to stay west of I95 as much as possible. any suggestions cpape?

5. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    is southeast KY too far off the grid for a company driver?

I live in Barbourville, 16 miles east of I 75

6. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    I am afraid so...our footprint for company drivers is pretty small right now.

7. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    no problem, thanks anyway.

8. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

My son told me that your dad hired him. The wife and I are leaveing for Nebraska about noon tomarrow. Fred gave his notice and next monday will be his last day we are gonna swing by your office on our way home. I think fred wants to be on the road the first week of October if he can. I am hopeing it works out for all of us,Thanks

9. spacetrucker88

My son told me that your dad hired him. The wife and I are leaveing for Nebraska about noon tomarrow. Fred gave his notice and next monday will be his last day we are gonna swing by your office on our way home. I think fred wants to be on the road the first week of October if he can. I am hopeing it works out for all of us,Thanks

10. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    Rest assured we will do everything in our power to help your son succeed. Based on our conversation it would seem he has the work ethic to do so. I look forward to meeting all of you, and I am glad to have him coming aboard. I haven't had a chance to talk to Fred. Please pass on that it will be important for him to get his TWIC card. He should apply for this in Baltimore before coming to Iowa. If he has any questions about the process give me a call, I would be happy to walk him through what he needs to know. A trip to Baltimore will be the best load to take him through the house, which is why I think it is so important.

11. spacetrucker88

we are at the Pa/Md line on 70 about 125 miles from the port he is gonna go down and apply for his TWIC card and pay the 2290 in Hagerstown and then get his Pennsylvania license plates get a headache rack on his tractor and head to Iowa.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.