Flatbed/Open Deck/Machinery Haulers

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by cpape, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    yeah it was out of the steel place i spoke briefly w/ your new hire driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    i get to and thru the QC often, wondering if your rate's are better and or longer trip's. thx

4. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    If my rates are better than what? If my trips are longer that what? Our main lanes are between Eastern Iowa and the East Coast. I would consider a long trip anything over 700 mi. A lot of our trips are under 250. We find that moving several short trips in a week provides as much revenue, at a higher rate per mile, and provides more reliable home time for our drivers. We do very little to Florida, but I have sent drivers to Miami each of the last 3 weeks. This is pretty rare. I don't have current independent contractor stats at home. If you are interested, send me a PM.

5. KISS88

KISS88 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Ohio
    Cpape, I live in Cambridge Oh. I was interested in a company postion. Although most of my experience is with a reefer trailer I do have flat and low-boy experience. Thanks.

6. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    First one to name the artist wins a big atta boy, and shares my musical taste!

I must say I am feelin' good again. Baby #2 is on the way in February. I had 5 days out of the office last week (Vegas with my wife and a couple couples). The Hawks are ranked #9 and looking good. I think we are going to pull off a great fundraiser (http://www.365regionalnetwork.com/Oktoberfest.aspx) for my charity (http://www.albrechtacres.org/) this weekend. I have 2 new members of my office team that I am very excited about. I have recently added 6 good drivers. Less than 2 years 'til Jordan (my younger brother) graduates from college. I am listening to a really good blues album. Plus it is fall...my favorite time of year. Oh...did I mention business is very strong.

Lots of negativity tends to percolate in our industry...so I thought I would talk about the things that are good in life. Please post what you are happy about.

bobobrazil Thanks this.
  7. KISS88

KISS88 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Ohio
    Yes I am the one who faxed the app. from Cambridge last week. I would be interested in talking to you personally about a postion. Thanks.

8. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Well, I'm happy about hearing from people who are doing good in this industry. My local job has petered off to nothing since they downsized the whole company and I'm outside your hiring area. But I've got a case of beer and a stack of emails from another company that's been bugging me for about 4 months or so, ever since I chewed out one of their stores for being a bunch of lazy schmucks, isn't that odd. :biggrin_2559: Guess I'll be out on the road again anyway so it's all good.

9. Bloodshot

Bloodshot Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Brickyard, USA
  10. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    excellent work Bloodshot! Are you a Texan?

11. Bloodshot

Bloodshot Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Brickyard, USA
    No, not a Texan, I do enjoy quality music though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.