Flatbed percentage pay

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Fryedaddy, Jun 23, 2019.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    If he is paying the payment,insurance,maintenance, etc, plus 50% of fuel and all other related cost, he will be losing money from the first load on.
    If total truck costs are split 50/50, you would be in the ballpark or should be of a driver making 25% of the take.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WREN

WREN Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Florida panhandle
    I would be making more than a company driver as I dont need healthcare or a 401k. For example, the run he did this week would have been mine if I would have started. Total of 1862 miles and would have paid me $1450 - 19% for self tax and my net would be 1174.50. Company driver on those same mile @ .60cpm would be 1117.20 - fed (married and 2) 79 - ss 69.27 - med 16.20 would net me 952.73.

4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I mean if that's good money to you go for it I guess. 1099 jobs seldomly turn out well, you have been warned by O/O's, company owners, company drivers but you will just keep justifying it no matter what anyone says so enjoy it brother...good luck.

JonJon78 and Intothesunset Thank this.
  5. WREN

WREN Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Florida panhandle
    So your guys that take the 40%, are they responsible for anything other than a typical company driver is? Also, whats the actual percentage of fuel cost the 60% drivers get back from the FSC?

6. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    If you wanna know what else is out there. I get about 2k a week, don't pay for ####, sleep in a hotel two nights a week and my bed the other five. No need for you to be paying anything

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  7. WREN

WREN Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Florida panhandle
    I havent justified anything, I just havent agreed with what you said because you provided no proof to the contrary. Just because someone says they dont like this or that doesnt mean squat unless you can back that statement with facts which you did not. You asked why not be a company driver and I simpley explained that to you. Im not green by any stretch of the imagination. I sold my three trucks last year in may and thought I wanted to be done but I still feel like I got more left in me and my knee replacement has been really good so far.

@Ridgeline provided his pay structure which on the surface shows some merit but I have asked for more information simple to compare numbers. If I see something that seems more appealing, I will further look into that scenario and if I decide to go that route I will. Im not doing this by any means because I need to or have to. I simply want to drive a truck to put money into my play fund and go spend a year in Ireland in the near future.

8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Okay. You could go drive a beverage truck at $28/hr 60 hrs a week and bring home $1950/week before tax and not have to put a dime out of your pocket. There are some numbers for you to compare.

9. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Truck needs $10,000 repair split 50/50 both of your are negative dollars for the week.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  10. WREN

WREN Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Florida panhandle
    I promise you there are not beverage companies here that pay anything near that at all lol.... If you are making that congrats. I did that #### years ago for miller and budweiser and I wouldnt do it again for 50 an hour.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. WREN

WREN Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Florida panhandle
    Nope, I never said I was responsible for truck repairs at all so not sure where you got that info from?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.