Flatbed rates going down in the summer?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Short fuse, May 17, 2012.

1. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Amazing how they think a 30' long load, or a 25,000# load is a LTL..... I don't even call on them. I have a few agents who know how I run and what i like to do. I get at least 2 calls a day with them asking me where I am and if I'd be interested in doing this load or that load. As long as the rate is good, and I have a days notice they know I will deliver ontime and give them the customer service they want. And they will usually pay me deadhead to a load over risking it to an outside load board.

I think Bayou just needs to get himself some direct shippers, and he would be much happier. Load boards seem to be where freight goes when it has had 4 hands already dipping into the rate. Even over here at LS there is a lot of $1.65 crap that nobody will touch, and that is why you see it on the load boards.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. revelation1911

revelation1911 Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Moody Alabama
    Well I wasted a good day looking at load boards.
    I could have got the tin cup and pencils out or my give me money interstate ramp sign and made more.

LTL = less than loot
    Partial = looking for dumbaces to haul for free.

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  4. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    You running all OD/OS loads for those rates?

Most loads out of Cali for FB are in the $2/m range.....Loads I get for $3/m or $4/m are always OD/OS loads....I have yet to see a shipper say pay more than $2.50/m for coils leaving Cali.....

5. revelation1911

revelation1911 Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Moody Alabama
    Hurah-hurah I booked one for monday @2.51 @ mile
    didn't think it was going to happen.
    thank you Jesus

6. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Hey....Let me borrow Jesus now.....I need a rate like that out of Denver.....:biggrin_25525:

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  7. jeep383s

jeep383s Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Southern GA
    I am under a load now that pays 920 to the truck on a 300 mile haul. Picked it up in E. Chicago

SHC Thanks this.
  8. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    What is it?

9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I spoke with a broker earlier today that I have done quite a bit of oversized loads. He told me that he has been moving OD loads out of Iowa for $2/mile and the shipper is paying the permits. I told him that it would not go on my trucks for that rate. I have been doing more than that on legal loads. I don't see hauling OD if I can get as much or more with legal loads. I can't believe there are enough dumb owners who would be willing to haul OD for that rate.

10. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    What gets me is my customers don't tell me what there paying I give them prices and they don't change over the year they get the same price only thing that changes is FS and it only changes $.20 cents or so
    Brokers are just a bunch of liers

11. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Ok...Military Loads....Three hands touch them before the O/O gets them....

And.....If you look on the B/L.....The rate the Military pays is printed on the front page.....

I had a load that paid me $3K.....The government was paying $6K to have that load moved.....Not that I would complain getting paid $3/m......But imagine if we could cut out at least one middle-man on these loads...what the rates would be....

SHC Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.