Flatbed Rates

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Loyds77, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Good luck getting anything paying decent out of Chicago right now. My carrier is based out of there and even our direct shippers dont want to pay. Was easier to grab a container paying $1.86mi over to Ne and got a load coming out of Omaha that was paying better than anything coming out Chicagoland.

Hurst

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. powerhousescott

powerhousescott Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    A recession occurs when two out of three of these markets are in shambles:

1. Financial Sector
    2. Building Sector
    3. Agriculture Sector

Last recession we had two out of three.

A depression is when 3 out of 3 go bad, look at the last time we had a depression and you will see it.

Now we are having a bad harvest year, our government in its infinite wisdom sold our grain reserves off a few years back. Here is how it plays out folks.

No Food + No Building = Financial Sector collapse = Depression

We truckers are seeing it first, don't believe all the BS that they are spreading on the media, that is to keep the sheeple from going into a panic. The government and their crony friends think that they can control the natural order and cycle of life, but they can't. They did the same thing the last time, stock market collapsed and they propped it up, a few years later because of the dust bowels, and lack of building, we fell into the Great Depression. Hate to be a doom and gloom guy, but the signs are there and look just the same, imagine the last time people were starving because of lack of food, what will happen this time when we have even more mouths running around our planet?

SheepDog and 66truck Thank this.
  4. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Are we all gonna die?

powerhousescott Thanks this.
  5. powerhousescott

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    Eventually

SheepDog Thanks this.
  6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Before I drove a truck, I never would have thought rates are a bell weather for the economy as a whole. Flats slow down in the winter? But, freight gets tight the last three months of the year and it's weakening. Which makes me think recession.

In 08 housing died at that time the only thing we made in the USA, at the time. Oil died this time, which was the only thing we made in the USA this time. Our politicians will sell us out in a second. I'm thinking of Disney burning workers to get cheap Indian replacement s in.

I guess it's time to hunker down.

7. powerhousescott

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    That is what all the driver shortage BS is about. Instead of them being honest and stating that we have a problem with qualified experience drivers, they claim a driver shortage. This opens the door for them to push for younger drivers, more drivers from overseas that don't know what they are really worth. In the meantime they create more regs and laws to force out the experienced hands through frustration, add into that a tumbling market and then you will indeed have the very thing that the Politicians and Mega's are claiming to exist. It becomes a self fulfilled prophecy at that point. The overwhelming greed that is occurring in our world will be the damnation of it.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. zinita17601

zinita17601 Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    lancaster pa
    So pretty much its time to buy canned food,gold and more guns and ammunition.

9. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Yep, then learn how to farm so you can be self sufficient. We're going back to the days of horses and wagons.

truckon, SheepDog and MJ1657 Thank this.
  10. powerhousescott

Jun 17, 2015
    Pecuiar, MO
    Gold is worthless in a bug out situation, you can't eat it, it is heavy to carry, and when push comes to shove, food is worth more than gold any day of the week.

I get calls all the time asking me to invest in gold, the first question I ask the broker is can you eat it? Big pause on the other end of the line, they get confused by this question. I then inform them that I only invest in things that people actually need and that have real value, not perceived value items such as gold, money, cars, and the like.

11. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    If I had a dollar for every time someone jumped on the tv, radio, newspaper, or the internet and started talking about how everything is going to collapse and we're all doomed, I could be retired and sitting on a beach in the tropics.

truckon and SheepDog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.