Flatbed supplies

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Nahbrown, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)
    Where do you guys buy your straps, chains, binders, tarps?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZiplocW2019

ZiplocW2019 Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2021
    Search google and who ever has them the cheapest

4. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    When it comes to straps. Don’t get the mytee cheap straps. Get the kinedyne blue ones. They will last 3 times longer and and are only $2 more expensive per strap

TX2Day, Bean Jr., W923 and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    While initially I wasn't really impressed with their 4" straps, I haven't "lost one" in 2-3 years. Webbing is softer, I think someone said Ancra was too, but have never owned any Ancra brand straps.

That said, my first pick is Kinedyne, but I wanted my 30' straps to be black.

cke Thanks this.
  6. Razororange

Razororange Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Tarps from Tri City Canvas in Granite City, IL.

Chains/binders/straps/bungees from a local trailer dealer. If you need more of something in a pinch just search for Utility Trailer Dealer on Google maps. They are everywhere in the country and tend to have most everything you could imagine for equipment.

Straps buy Kinedyne. They are tougher than other brands in my experience. They also tend to be a thicker material that doesn't stretch as much.

Never buy equipment from a truckstop unless it's an absolute emergency. They are usually at least 3X the price.

7. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)
  8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Their tarps suck in quality though. I had to outfit one of my trucks quickly last year, and bought a pallet load of gear form Mytee. I’ve been buying tarps from Tricity Canvas for almost twenty years, and the Mytee are garbage compared to them as far as longevity goes. Plus, Tricity will custom make anything you want. I’m a big fan of 5’ drops instead of 4’ with an extra row of d-rings.

Nahbrown, cke and beastr123 Thank this.
  9. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    Genuine question on the difference in longevity? Mine are all 5 years old now, and aside from patching here and there and replacing an occasional grommet, I really don't have a complaint, but I have no other experience to compare to. Do the ones from Tricity just not tear, wear or cut as easily?

Now the lightweight with parachute sides I bought was junk and would require major repairs after just about every use, not to mention that it was just about impossible to keep the parachute sides from billowing.

cke and Nahbrown Thank this.
  10. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    I ordered 4 and 8’s for that truck. They tear easily and get the wind cracks very easily it seems. I’ve had the thread fail holding the banding as well. They are everything I’d expect some China made tarps to be.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.