Flatbedding for a greenhorn!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by RVBBERDUCK10-4, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's two more that have their own cdl school & also hire from private cdl schools.
    ~
    Boyd Brothers Transportation Inc.
    Boyd Brothers Transportation Inc.
    QUICK FORM At Boyd Bros., we’re proud to boast a strong history of training and producing safe-minded and efficient CDL-A pros. In fact, one out of every six drivers on the Boyd team earns the privilege of joining a reliable group of Million Miler professionals.
    ~
    Get Your CDL | McElroy Truck Lines Inc.
    Get Your CDL | McElroy Truck Lines Inc.
    We have a wonderful relationship with this institution and it is located in Demopolis, AL which is minutes away from our home terminal. In addition, McElroy Truck Lines has long-standing partnerships with many excellent schools …

BigBob410, farmerjohn64 and cke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RVBBERDUCK10-4

RVBBERDUCK10-4 Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2021
    I am. Could you go into some specifics? I really wanna dive deep into this. They can send me out for 5-6 weeks at a time for all I care. The more you work it the faster you learn it.

4. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    You should look up kiaser transport all long hood trucks I think
    I don't know if there good or bad just that they require a minimum of 3 weeks out and for you to go coast to coast
    I would call them after you get your cdl just to talk to them and find out more info they might make an exception and hire you with no experience but probably not (might be a horrible company so I would ask other members for more info)

farmerjohn64 Thanks this.
  5. Klleetrucking

Klleetrucking Medium Load Member

Dec 11, 2010
    S.C.
    Short video of Kaiser.

snowman1980 Thanks this.
  6. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Being single it is easier to relocate. This gives you the ability to get into a region that your desired company hires in. This gives you lots of choices to work with.

CDL school. Lots of companies will pay for school. This will be with some sort of contract to work for that company for anywhere from 1 to 2 years. Nothing wrong with that, just know that going in. Also know going in, if you don’t finish the contract, they are going to want money from you for the expenses of the school. Should you choose to do school on your own, it has some advantages and disadvantages. The big one is the cost of school and housing and food for 4 to 6 weeks.
    The other side is you have a lot more choices to work with. You will have to do the company “New CDL training “ Thats going to happen no matter what.
    If you are interested in a going to CDL school on your own, you may want to look at what your local community college has to offer. One that I am familiar with is ASU Newport, in Newport AR. They have a web site where you can get more info.

Learning flatbed. Your best bet is to look at some of the better mega types. Your going to get securement training and likely a reasonable look at a variety of cargo. Maverick probably has one of the best training programs. Daseke companies are also a good training companies. The idea here is spend 1 or 2 years with these types of operations, figure out what you like and do best, then move to a company that offers a better quality of conditions.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Go for it brother !! Im 25, started when i was 21... and all i ever done was flat and step.... Started with swift flatbed and moved on from there.....

If ur out west, system transport is a good place to get ur feet wet. Also jones bro..

8. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Does TMC or Maverick hire new CDL grads? I've heard good things about their flatbed training.

BigBob410, D.Tibbitt and cke Thank this.
  9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Yes, they both do.

BigBob410, D.Tibbitt and cke Thank this.
  10. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Hold my beer.

Western Express is for you my man, if you’ve got a pulse, hell if you’ve got a gunshot wound, you can ride with the best of crash and smash.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.