flatbedding, tough group to get into?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Jimmy T, Aug 27, 2012.

1. dpwelsher

dpwelsher Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Greater Chicagoland Area
    Ever consider BTC?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luftkoph

luftkoph Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2012
    U.P.michigan
    Hey Jimmy T
    small company that serves michigan KGT 800 338 4982 all open deck very flexible with how you like to work or where you like to travel

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Nashport, Ohio
    That's a true story! I always said if you throw me from an airplane, just give me two handfulls of bungees, I don't need no steeenking parachute! lol..

As far as flatbedding being a tough group to get into, that's for YOU to decide.. just don't whine about it to me... If ya can't hit a lick, stop swingin and get out of the way!

5. bubblehead

bubblehead Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Estacada, Oregon
    After driving for only 4 months after getting my cdl, (and I did not go to school, got permit and rode team with small co.) I quit. the owner wanted me to run with cracked head from portland to lasvegas and drive 17 hours non-stop to get back. I said no way, (but in a more colorful dialog) then got a local gig driving flat bed for a stage co. Now I'm getting my authority and buying his rig.
    Be creative, do your year and re-evaluate. If you do ever go it alone, it will coast lots for insurance till you hit 2 yrs. but seems to be plenty of freight around these parts. I still consider myself a newbee, but I'm 51 and too old to eat any ones crap. That's why I'm going Owner/Operator.
    (I lived in MI till 18 and joined the Navy, so from your neck of the woods)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.