Fleet One vs Comadata

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Gentlemanfarmer, Mar 4, 2013.

1. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I also have a Fleet One card through NASTC. It seems it makes a big difference where you get it from. I have automatic payments on the day I selected and decent discounts, especially at some of the TA/Petros. I also have an EFS card and have to pay $3 every time I use it.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Comdata can hook you up with some discount programs too. Depends on what's available. I have 15 c off of cash price at TA and Petro and 10c off at Pilots and Flying J. The charge me $15 a month and 1.5 per transaction, 2 for cash advances. I still find cheaper fuel at smaller places and pay cash there. But i like to have Comdata for its general acceptance everywhere. Lumpers, repair shops, brokers, they all recognize it.

4. jcpr17

jcpr17 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Do not use fleet one!!! unless you want to get ripped off by late fees. I used fleet one for a few years and everything was fine till they decided to bring on a $75 fee on each invoice that goes over the due date. At first everything is fine since you don't have many invoices to pay but once you get into it; it become harder to keep up with payments due to the high volume of invoices. They cut at 3:30 pm CT it does not matter if you pay at 3:31 pm ct, they will hit you with a $75 late fee. Now, if for any reason you are not able to pay it those $75 will generate another $75 dollars on top of those and so on. Couple of days ago I closed my account with them and had to pay them a ton of money. It's crazy how much money these people are making just out of late fees.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Holland Duck Thanks this.
  5. Holland Duck

Holland Duck Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
    That's why I went old fashion cash or debit.

6. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    They just hit my bank account every Thursday night for the previous 7 days of purchases. No muss no fuss.

Are you saying you actually get a statement for the week and send them a check in the mail with a stamp?

noluck Thanks this.
  7. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Same. Auto deduction. No issues.

noluck Thanks this.
  8. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    Same here! Every Wednesday at mid night. Had fleet one of 10years now. Through nastc. Can't beat the discounts.

redoctober83 and Scott72 Thank this.
  9. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I have a Fleet One. I liked it very much before it was bought out by WEX.
    Couple months ago was late on the $6.00 month fee. $75.00 late fee charged.
    I paid the late fee the day it was due and they said I was late on that payment. I called the office gal said they would grant a "one time exemption of a late fee" so I did not have to pay the late fee on the late fee.
    I asked them to give me the exemption on the late $6.00 month fee, so I would not have to pay the first late fee. They would not.
    The fuel discount does change with who you have the Fleet One account with. Such as B2B, RTS,,,, others.

I am now looking at getting a multi-service account. No fees, period. Similar discounts, more AmBest stops.

I also use a Savings Plus card (Comdata_) and an EFS fuel card. I only need one. I like to shop for the best price. Depends on the area I am, each card seems to have its focus area for discounts.
    My vote is not to have a Fleet One card.
    Good luck

daks4s Thanks this.
  10. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    What
    What
    is a multi-service account? You hooked me good on this one.

11. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Multi-Service Fuel Card, is the name of the company.
    multiservice.com

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.