Flip flop = bad time

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by PackRatTDI, Aug 30, 2011.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Semi-Truck Driver Loses Flip Flop, Slams Into Pickup Truck On I-10
    Story posted 2011.08.30 at 04:08 PM CDT

A semi-truck driver lost his flip flop while driving causing his vehicle to slam into a nearby pick-up which burst into flames Tuesday afternoon.
    The crash happened about 2 p.m. on Interstate 10 West about 1 mile before the Interstate 25 split near Las Cruces.
    Investigators told KFOX14 the semi-truck driver, Thanh Tran Phong, lost his flip flop while driving.
    He lost control of his semi, slamming into a pick-up truck driven by Jesus Carranza.
    Carranza's vehicle burst into flames.
    Carranza's injuries are unknown however he was transported to University Medical Center in El Paso.
    It's not yet clear what charges Phong could be facing.

http://android.localwireless.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=99&nid=61349470&cid=208&scid=-1

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Gotta love these immigrant drivers. At least try using sneakers next time.

American-Trucker and Marksteven Thank this.
  4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Might need 2-3 different translators in court !!!!!

:biggrin_25514:

5. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

Thanh hit Jesus? Good Lord what did poor baby Jesus do to piss him off?:biggrin_25524:

I think a life senance of pulling a Rickshaw for Thanh is in order!:yes2557:

American Trucker

6. pank83

pank83 Light Load Member

May 19, 2011
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    lmao:biggrin_2559:

7. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    What was this Vietnamese guy doing driving in flip flops? I drive barefoot myself!:biggrin_25523:

Seriously isn't there a regulation regarding footwear in the book? Or is that just common sense to wear regular shoes?

I used to have a pair of snakeskin (Water Moccasin) boots when I drove. Man those were some kick butt boots!

8. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Just because you can pull a rickshaw with flip flops on in Vietnam doesn't mean you can drive a CMV here in the states. There's a big differrence pulling 500 lbs of rice as opposed to 80000 lbs of freight. Sorry, no sympathy from me, put him in his rickshaw and send him back to Vietnam.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

dagnabit, now we're going to get DOT'd for footware?

(I prefer to go long haul with flipflops myself, then change to sneakers when I make a stop.)

How hard is it to PUSH DOWN THE BRAKE BAREFOOT!?!? If that don't work pull the trolly bar!

Idiots!

10. yarddogmbw

yarddogmbw Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Ohio
    I watched a team come in the T/A yesterday with sweatpants and flip flops on. Very professional looking.

mtnMoma Thanks this.
  11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

O come on now, A T/A (or any truckstop) is like the only place we get to let our hair down when we live in the truck 24/7. That's like comming to a banker's house on a Saturday afternoon and expecting him to be in suit and tie.

Hmmm, I seem to recall rumors of one mega-co. very concerned with image sending out spies to report on their drivers. Which would be fine,,, if the same company gave a darn about the conditions of their trucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.