Flip flop = bad time

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by PackRatTDI, Aug 30, 2011.

1. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    So the only people qualified to know the facts are people who work for the government? You have your facts about the oil drilling in Brazil totally wrong. The U.S. Government didn't give Brazil $12billion to drill oil. The U.S. Export-Import bank loaned $2billion to Brazil for offshore oil exploration. I'm not crazy about our tax money being used for this kind of stuff when we're in so much debt ourselves, but the information you relayed here is a far cry from the truth. It also frustrates the hound out of me that we're loaning money for offshore drilling to other countries, but won't do it ourselves here. More oil on the market generally means lower pump prices, and I'd rather buy my fuel from Brazil than Venezuela, but I'd still rather it be U.S. oil and U.S. jobs. Here's a link to a news story from the Wall Street Journal about the loan-if you can find a legitimate story supporting your $12billion gift claim, please post a link so I can correct myself.

I never argued about this, and again, I'm not crazy about it, but neither of those things have anything to do with tax breaks or grants specifically geared towards immigrants from the Federal Government.

If you love this country, then don't say stuff like "The entire United States of America is nothing more than a big welfare check to the world, always has been, always will be period." This country is a lot more than that. This country has a strong heritage of immigration (I'd say your ancestors were immigrants by the way, am I right?) and people coming here to work hard for opportunities they didn't have at home is what made this the greatest country in the world. We clearly have a problem with illegal immigration, but that doesn't mean that everyone (legal or not) that immigrates here just wants to sponge off our hard work. Most of them come here for the opportunity to work hard themselves.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    This thread has now reached unsubscribe status.

misterG and 48Packard Thank this.
  4. KRAKAJACKJONSON

KRAKAJACKJONSON Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Clemmons NC
    Your right mine were German but they and all immigrants back then did it the right way and thats why I got so pissed at todays situation. In the 90;s i used to sit right at the border and watch mexicans jump the fence and come right on over. And the border people were mexican, they wanted to open my trailer doors, but when a car with 27 mexicans in it came by they waved them right on in.

I hope your right about Brazil, nothing against them but we cannot continue to give money away when we cannot pay our own bills. I find it strange that when Obama talks about spending cuts, they never mention stopping the flow of money that leaves here for other countrys, now we will rebuild Irak, and Lebonon and any where else there is a conflict.

I appologize if this rant has sounded like a personel attack on you, wasn't meant to be i can get riled up about subjects I am passionite about, as any good American.

5. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    Illegal immigration is a serious issue that we need to face-that's why I'm such a hard-head about the bad information that floats around, we need to focus on the real problem, we sure don't need to make up any more!

Absolutely.

No problem bud, none of the stuff you said bothered me personally, I enjoy a good argument. :smt064

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.