Flip flop dress code

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mitmaks, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    And thus we get to the real reason for this thread start up. Need of confirmation bias on how drivers should dress. The discomfort/fear of seeing such a large versatility of drivers ethnically and ethically, dressed differently. LOL
    Welcome to the 21st century!

Wargames, Gutter, dunchues and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Yes I do wear a couple layers in the house, heat is kept at 65 and down to 50 at night. On my weight I have lost at least 80 pounds since I started working on my health. I can walk upright for miles again without that limp. I have also stopped all drinking completely, that is what was giving me inflammation and pain. I miss it, last beer I had I limped a few days after. Dang this aging bit is not easy. For what others wear, if I do not like it I ignore it. unless it affects my children, then it is full on.

Wargames, tscottme, kemosabi49 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. 1nicevette

1nicevette Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Well he must have a better paying job than you cuz if you have to run that hard then your not running smart

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland

Don't flatter yourself. You are not on my follow list. Far from it. As a matter of fact I am putting you on ignore. Maybe this way, I won't get disturbed again because so far I've found of a little merit in whatever you posted.
    All I can see coming from you is this BS about Chicago White Volvos. Implying and insinuating, if not insulting. Beat up trucks and duct tape type of maintenance while you hold better standards. Perhaps ethics and quality of life in general too?

I am still in a good shape....With my my height, I look beefy but not obese, at 220 I look too skinny but I'd like to get there to do road bike tours again. For me to loose 50 lbs is maybe 8 weeks of keto and moderate workouts. Easy peasy, lemon squeeze. Yeah, I'll take my mountain bike with me as the Spring comes.

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    You putting me on ignore is great. BYE

7. Kirbs

Kirbs Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2019
    Running smart means driving less miles? I dont get it. I can understand if they were talking about tanker or something, but with dry van or reefer, more miles = more money. At my company you also get a bonus for running over 3000 miles a week.

I don't see anything smart about running less than 2500 miles a week if you're van/reefer. Getting paid more to run less miles because you're tanker/flatbed doesn't mean you're smarter either. Not everyone wants to do those.

8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The reasons are simple: comfort, if nothing else. Is that too complicated to understand? Or did you create this thread to stir up some stink out of boredom?

9. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Wow! This was the first time I used the ignore tool... JonJon's avatar is gone from my eyesight. All his posts in this thread and others disappeared! Nice.

jcrack08, bzinger and mladen86 Thank this.
  10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Your a liar because I see all your posts still. You must be already heavy into the Vodka today.

11. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.