Flip flop dress code

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mitmaks, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Silly,
    Extremely rare to catch here in the continental USA. Is more prevalent in tropical humid disadvantaged regions of the world.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Lol bunch of drivers out there need to retire they all think you need to dress like roy rodgers or else you're an automatic degenerate.

4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Then of course you can tell me why the Centers for Disease Control would include it on their website if it is so silly.
    And last time I checked, the trucking industry in the United States consists of many individuals who have immigrated from "tropical humid disadvantaged regions of the world" in the not too recent past.
    Here is another disease declared "cured" that recently reared it's ugly head:
    Measles resurgence in the United States - Wikipedia

5. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    The CDC mentions it because citizens/soldiers do travel to these regions and do not know that they have been infected till back in the USA. It is the CDC's responsibility to keep the medical community here in the USA aware and informed so as to diagnose and cure such cases.

mladen86 Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    And some day you'll be that old driver and the younger guys will be snickering at you and wishing you'd retire.

Guys of my generation started driving when actual clothes and footwear were required. It's what we're used to.
    We also come from a time when trucks looked like trucks and not a suppository.
    Personally I don't care if a driver wears jockey shorts and a beret. He's in charge of how he looks...and what kind of impression he makes.

Wargames, D.Tibbitt, Numb and 8 others Thank this.
  7. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    I wonder if they're good for fishin?

D.Tibbitt, 86scotty and Muskie Thank this.
  8. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Im 24.

Boots, pants, t-shirt sometimes a nice button up over the shirt, baseball cap. Beard well trimmed. Clothes relatively clean as far as open deck is concerned. Brush my teeth. Wear deodorant. And shower daily.

Don’t care if someone can “get away” with wearing flip flops and wife beaters. Good for them. It’s not me.

9. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Lots of fat people wear flip flops. They can't bend over to put real shoes on.

10. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    You're right. Before deregulation, many carriers had a dress code for drivers to adhere too, complete with company uniform, tie, and police/bus driver type cap. They were paid better too, even after Hoffa took his cut.....

Tb0n3 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. rad111

rad111 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Kansas City,.MO
    Because they are a bunch of ####### and ########

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.