FLORIDA LOAD MARKET

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by BigGP, Aug 24, 2017.

1. BigGP

BigGP Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Hi. Can anyone explain why FLORIDA is always so cheap ? There are states that are cheap to go to, but you leave them with good paying loads. Florida seem to be the one that never pays good in or out. Why?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Too many clowns want to go there because they feel like they're on vacation while at work?

BigGP Thanks this.
  4. BigGP

BigGP Light Load Member

Apr 26, 2016
    That kinda makes sense i think ... I hear from the drivers that they wanna go to FL especialy at Winter time.
    Also it just popped in my head that there is a big dense population of Russians, Europeans etc. that are based in FL and they go home everyweek. We all know there are lots of non US workers in this industry.

5. tech10171968

tech10171968 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Personally I think it's because we've got so many fly-by-night outfits here that will haul for peanuts. Far too many, in fact.

6. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    That was the breeding ground for the two car trailers, pickups and wedges, now you know what is happening to the rest of the market.

7. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Florida needs more brought in than it sends out. This is pretty much the only reason there is for the 'cheap' vs 'good' freight markets. There's no problem with going to FL (or CO, the Northeast, or Salt Lake City, or any other cheap market you can think of) but you have to make sure you are getting paid enough to justify coming out cheap going in.

All kidding aside outbound contract freight from FL at 1.30/mile+ is a license to print money. Most of the year you're getting paid to go into FL as though you'll be sub 1.00 a mile... So your average rate per mile would be a solid .15 higher than market 10 months out of the year. You'd get wrecked during the FL produce season... But that's probably worth it honestly.

8. C Team

C Team Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2015
    My father sold lots of old Anchor/Leaseway rigs that ended up in Florida. He said there were many "Gypsies" carriers in Florida.

tech10171968 Thanks this.
  9. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    They don't make anything in Florida.
    No business wants to set up a big factory or
    Wharehouse with the threat of it being blown
    Away every couple of years by a hurricane.

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Are you smoking crack?

First its the car hauler section, they ain't loading produce.

2nd. I won't put cars on my flatbed for 1.30 let alone a real car hauler.

The market down here is bad, but it ain't a buck thirty bad.

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It has more to do with the cost of importing raw materials, not the hurricanes. Lots of factories up the easy coast and along the gulf in other states and they are just likely to get hurricanes. Not to mention all the mills up through tornado alley.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.