Florida

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by firemedic2816, Jan 4, 2020.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Yes, but you also get the calm and relaxed Yankee driving habits. "Come on kids, we're squeezing a years recreation into 5 days. Hold on while I jump the curve."

autopaint and firemedic2816 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I would recommend checking out Comcar.

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  4. Word of advise - stay away from MIAMI! Its dead here....

meechyaboy and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. idriveaholden

idriveaholden Super Heavy Hauler

Mar 14, 2018
  6. It is not easy to say.... Maybe, because so many people move here and an already very week job market gets even worse. On the surface, there is a lot of construction going on, but that doesn't translate into jobs and money. I wonder if Orlando drivers can see a difference now when Orlando has become one big construction site. Also, if you don't speak Spanish, your chances are significantly reduced.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    idriveaholden Thanks this.
  7. idriveaholden

Mar 14, 2018
    Just went through Tampa and saw a lot of construction, figured there was a lot of opportunity, but Miami is kinda of the end of the line geographically

8. Yes, Orlando and Tampa should be much better if you want to relocate. Also, I believe you nailed the whole situation here in that one phrase: "Miami is kinda of the end of the line". Also, I would recommenced to anybody contemplating moving to Miami to go to Panama City and to see with their own eyes how destructive a hurricane can be. Then, check out some pics from Bahama.
    And, then ask yourself a fundamental question: "Do I really want to move that bad that I will take chances on having my entire livelihood completely destroyed in matter of few hours and possibly die?" As a resident here, I can tell you that most of the home owners here avoid asking themselves this question hoping it will never happen here. To be fair though, there are other places like Florida such as California that have similar problems.....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    idriveaholden Thanks this.
  9. idriveaholden

Mar 14, 2018
    Been considering the move myself, but i like the heavy haul side of trucking and seems like the ports here aren’t utilized like Houston and in the looking I’ve done it seems likethe he main place’s for any trucking in Florida are Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa in that order

10. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I'm currently in Miami in between cruises and the super bowl and based on my observations of the truck drivers locally, one must not be in a hurry, DOT compliance doesn't seem a priority and modern equipment has no place here except for the big nationwide companies.
    Out of curiosity I checked various sites and seems 20 per hour is a high wage for local work and most require drivers to be bilingual.
    But the weather and women here...beautiful.

idriveaholden and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Ups is always hiring drivers in Miami and Hialeah.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.