Flow Below Added

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Siinman, Jun 13, 2022.

1. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    @Siinman, good looking setup. I would recommend getting a deer basher as soon as you can afford to. I don't recommend them for deer as much as idiot drivers, especially in truck stop lots and tight docks. I don't want to ever drive a truck again without one.

Siinman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have been debating on getting one.

4. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Well got loaded with a 45K load of water from MO to AR was 6.7 on that trip. Lot of hills and some back roads.
    TN to WA 12K load was doing real good at 8.6 until past MO and hit wind from hell for 1.5 days. Took me down to 7.3 doing speed limit up to 70 MPH. Finished the trip off to deliver in the morning at 8.1. Did 62 the last day of driving since half of it was in WA anyways at 60. Think I could have got close to 9MPG if not for that terrible wind. Over all so far I am at 7.9MPG for total trip.

Funny thing about the wind is I can barely feel it when driving. If I was in my other truck I would had been moving all over the place and wore down. This truck drives live a dream. On another note it did have a problem pop up yesterday and it is a known issue with the Volvos. The CAC cold side hose clamp gave out. Lucky I was close to billings and called the guy I used last year. He had a couple clamps on hand and came out and knocked that out in 30 minutes. I had forgot to order the clamps when I got the truck. Had it in my to do list of things to buy and just for got about them. I got lucky and had this rubber tape that works perfect for Hoses. It will turn to rubber after you wrap the hose and it heats up. Love that stuff.
    Here it the tape https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AEBKYPG/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    Reason for edit: Add tape info
    bzinger and RedForeman Thank this.
  5. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    My wrap job. Ha Ha I made it 70 Miles on this little job so pretty impressed. IMG_4352.JPG

6. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    There is no proper way to test them correctly.. Unless you pull the exact same load on the exact same conditions on the exact same route.. when your trying to get a accurate comparison.. especially when your talking a gain of .01 or even .03 mpg.. the terrain or the wind alone can change the out come of tests more than that..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2022
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    My company did that - closed loop drivers hauling the same loads every day. Wheel covers passed into general fleet testing, trailer tails didn't.

8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Took me 30,000 miles for mine to pay for themselves.... and that was not the cheap one's like these but the pricey ones from real wheels

Blue jeans, RubyEagle, Siinman and 2 others Thank this.
  9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I had a team deadacated run Laredo to Detroit and back 39,900lb up and 7,000 down... 90 avg before and 90 avg after showed .23 mpg gain...

10. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Isn't this still a new truck?

Magoo1968 and Siinman Thank this.
  11. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Yep this is a known issue with all new Volvos. They should have this on a recall but wont do it. Everyone seems to have these issues with these clamps.

InTooDeep Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.