Flying J/ Huddle House

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by joseph1135, Jun 20, 2015.

1. 2Girls_1Truck

2Girls_1Truck Medium Load Member

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Only in this profession do drivers wear their lack of manners like a Boy Scout badge of honour.

Listen to guys at the counter trying to outdo each other with stories about how rude they were to such-and-such that one time at the whatsitcalled.

Demanding to see a manager and walking out on a cheque (that the less-than-minimum-wage waitress probably had to pay) and yelling that their $8 food is GARBAGE!!!!

Geez guys, if spaghetti-o's are so good then, do us all a favour and stay in your truck. You embarrass us all when you throw a fit like a child in a restaurant.

"THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DIBOSAUR CHICKEN NUGGETS!! THERE WERE NO BIRD DINOSAURS, PTERODACTYL WASNT WARM BLOODED!! Waaaaaa this GARBAGE!"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I ate at a couple of those places, dont remember where. I do remember thinking what a dumb name. Food was mediocre.

4. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    If you want to consume a plate garbage and pay for it because of your compassion for a $8 an hour worker who cant even cook eggs..then that is your business.
    I happen to be of a generation who is still willing to
    1.show-up
    2.stand-up
    3.Speak-up
    I stand up for my rights and have NO problem telling someone to keep a plate of garbage..Pay for the coffee I drank..Leave.
    (And proud of it)

HorseShoe and joseph1135 Thank this.
  5. Trckdrvr

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    After seeing your screen name and noticing you make several negative Man references I wonder if maybe your problem is really just that you and your girlfriend don't like REAL mens behavior?

6. 2Girls_1Truck

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Actually, I just avoid restaurants that serve ready-made, deep fried, like warm junk food. I don't show up to a burger house, order a burger and expect duck a l'orange and foie gras and walk out on the cheque when I am served exactly what I ordered.

Newsflash: the manager and waitress don't set the menu, order the food or prepare it.

If you don't like it, by all means don't go back. But they could have called the police because ordering food and not paying, even if you don't like it, is theft. The manager could discount your bill, get you something else, etc but isn't required to. They served you, you should have paid them.

7. 2Girls_1Truck

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I am a married woman and surely have no idea what you are talking about. The name is a reference to a famous video clip that circulated the internet several years ago, feel free to look that up if you wish.

Believe me, it's not men I have a problem with here, it's you.

8. Trckdrvr

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    1.You are way way off..I ordered eggs at a egg house.
    2.Where do you get that I 'walked out"(and could be arrested)..r-e-a-d the post.i talked to the mgr who took the plate of food to go talk to the cook and told me the check was free(I insisted on paying for the coffee I drank and even tip the waitress..

I will not pay for garbage..prepared by someone who doesn't give a #### about his job or my food(if you and your girl date want to ..Go ahead.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  9. Trckdrvr

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia

LOL..HAHAAAA!!!...Done with you.

10. 2Girls_1Truck

May 18, 2014
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Problem solved!

Cheers.

11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Dennys, Huddle House, Country Pride, Iron Skillet, Country Fare......we avoid them all. Been disappointed too many times.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.