Flying with Eagle Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by TNSquire, Dec 26, 2022.

1. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    Friends, this week I had my 2 year anniversary with Eagle.
    Is it a perfect job? No, but it works pretty nicely for me.
    Home daily, 55 to 60 hours a week, assigned truck, day shift, solid equipment that's well maintained, excellent relationship with dispatch, TM, and shop.
    I run gas, dry bulk, and chemical, so when one gets thin, I'm able to keep making money consistently.
    I'm not formally a trainer, but I do help train new folks coming in on gas and dry bulk.
    Watching New drivers grow into solid gas haulers is very fulfilling.
    Yes, we hire straight from school, but only accredited schools.. Not totally sure what that means, but that's above my pay grade anyway.
    Eagle has gone way above and beyond in taking care of me through my time with them.
    Support through major surgeries, loss of family members, my team has been rock solid for me the whole way thru...
    I'm happy to talk with you about it, should you have questions or are curious about getting into gas hauling.
    To me, it's as easy money as it gets in trucking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @TNSquire --

Given the above, may I offer to you my personal, "Congratulations!"......:occasion5: :occasion6: :wav:

I see where you have an assigned truck.

Is that something they do for drivers there, after they've been there a while?

As a fuel hauler--how did you score an assigned rig?

Also--how long did it take you to get a day shift?

Is the above typical for Eagle Transport--or just unique to your particular terminal?

--Lual

4. TNSquire

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    @lual
    Boss tries to keep us consistent... Know your equipment, it's nuances, and you'll perform better.
    Took me about 3 months to get my day shift.
    I can't speak to any other terminal, but I do talk with drivers from other Terminals, and it sounds fairly consistent.
    New drivers get bounced around so they can get experience on various equipment, but that soon settles in around the 4 to 6 month mark.
    Solid day driver/night driver combinations makes us stronger, equipment is cared for better, and overall results are better.
    Our tm is exceptional, I think.
    He's been doing this for almost 20 years, and knows his stuff.
    He takes really good care of us across the board, and insulates us from a lot of the corporate baloney eagle is notorious for.
    Even our CEO Lance is a great guy.
    I've had real discussions with him on a few occasions, and I honestly like him.
    He's legit, approachable, and he'll take time to discuss things with you.
    He knows who makes the bacon, and supports drivers fully.
    Even our safety geek Shane is pretty cool.
    Every company has issues, that goes without saying.
    Eagle is no different.
    That said, having the combination we have at our terminal is much greater than the sum of its parts.
    Drivers have the respect of the office, and the office has the respect of the drivers.
    If a driver starts making an idiot of themselves, word gets around fast, and we curb it quick.
    We police our own ranks firmly, but respectfully.
    Our senior drivers mentor others, and we all take the perspective of "the team wins when you win too"... We want new drivers to succeed big, and go above and beyond to see to that.
    Dispatch is pretty square too.
    You might get a crap day today, just because that's what needs to go.
    Tomorrow, you'll get some gravy to make up for it as thanks for taking one for the team.
    And we all know which loads are which...
    Have an appointment and need to swap days off? Boss makes it possible if he can.
    Show up, do your best, run your best, and you'll succeed well.
    I've had dispatch offer me choices on my last load often... That's really neat.
    If you can run x for me, I can give you y after it...
    Sure thing... I'm on that like white on rice in a snowstorm...
    Or, calling in and letting them know that, hey, I need to be back a little early tomorrow, I'll run long today to help make it happen...

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Good post. Thanks for the review.

6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @TNSquire --

That is easily one of the best reviews I've seen....or probably ever wlll see. :notworthy: :thumbup:

I gather Eagle pays "by the load"....but do you still have some sort of weekly minimum pay guarantee?

Is said guarantee hard to qualify for?

--Lual

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  7. TNSquire

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    @lual
    Yes, we have a guaranteed weekly minimum.
    That varies by terminal.
    Yes, we're paid by the load.
    I smoke the guarantee most weeks, and the weeks I don't are because of my own fault.
    That said, I know what new hire guarantee is, and if you can't smoke that every week, you ain't got a hair on your hind end.
    Best check I've had was 1900/wk.
    That was 5 days, not 6.
    Had I run the 6th day, it would have been around 2400.

lual Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.