FlyingJ,no parking asked to leave.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rocknroll81, Jan 2, 2017.

1. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    I agree, I always have driven through the lot looking for a place, I'm not that lazy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigrayon

Bigrayon Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Lol there was a crst park in the fuel line In Atlanta thy for them to move it but they were the shower after doing there laundry yes laundry then shower by the time they out s&w towing add it hooked up you got it they paid for it and cry like the little baby they are

4. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Hey - when they start building 120' long 14' wide parking spots, I will park less creatively....

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

maybe the property owner or manager needs access to whatever is next to the curbs you are parked along. Maybe your creative spots are making it too tight for trucks to drive on the property. I've noticed over the last few years that these creative parking spots are the FIRST spots to be used, not last ditch emergency parking. Daily, where I fuel the majority of fuel pumps are blocked by parkers while there are DOZENS of easy legal parking spots everywhere.

It's their property, they decide. Boycott them if you must.

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Your situation is entirely different then the everyday van and reefer drivers.

passingthru69 and snowlauncher Thank this.
  7. tscottme

At 2 in the afternoon noon it is because of lazy & incompetent drivers. Half the driver's first choice is block the fuel pumps for hours, block the driveway, par along the curb no matter how many parking spots are available. To those types anything less than 300 feet directly in front of a back-end spot might as well be defended by an Army division. Everybody in this industry needs exercise, get some walking more than the 6 feet from curb to front door.

8. tscottme

Heck, it might encourage some drivers to actually learn how to back. <shudder>

9. bluerider

bluerider Light Load Member

May 16, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Parking is your own problem, not somebody else's problem. You say you weren't blocking anyone or anything. If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, I would be a millionaire. Furthermore, taking someone else's parking spot is the same as stealing. Grow up!

trucker3205 and Studebaker Hawk Thank this.
  10. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    It's pretty annoying when i need to take my 30 min break, or just want to get some food with a set of doubles and every possible spot I can pull up in is taken by vans, while there are open spots in the lot.
    Happens more often than not.

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I spent the night at that j in vandalia a few weeks ago , got there about 2 pm and it was dang near full .
    Before dark they were parking on the curbs etc and cops were running em off .
    That area of Ohio always has had a hard on for trucks and as another poster said in another thread vandalia cops are a little heavy handed .

OLDSKOOLERnWV and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.