FMCSA--Speed limiters are coming

Discussion in 'Other News' started by kemosabi49, Apr 28, 2022.

1. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    But wait, what will happen to all of those speeding truck lawyer commercials?? Once they realize how much business they're going to lose they'll be signing the petition too!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    We’re gonna do just what we have always done.....get em their in the quickest most humane way possible. We’re gonna listen to the buyer grumble about shrink but hell what’s new.

This next part should have been made a separate post. Sorry for any confusion it may have caused

Not being able to get out ahead of the pack is gonna hurt, if I can get out ahead it gets me off my brakes so much. The sound of that bump when I have to get on them hurts me worse than anything (if you know you know). However I don’t feel that because of what I haul I deserve an exemption or special privilege. I will also say for the greater good can kiss my sweaty ###. Those that snicker and say they’re glad because it doesn’t affect them I wish to put this on their mind. First situations change and what’s good today can be #### tomorrow. Just like the toes you step on today could be hooked to the ### your kissin tomorrow see it many times.

Second we are gonna do our job. I ain’t gonna try to explain that to you as I don’t have the time and you’ll never understand it any how. But let’s say this adds 3 hours on a 800 to 1000 mile ride, it’s you and everyone else dealing with a wore out m’fer. There is not simple solution to “fix” it. So think about what does and doesn’t affect you a bit. And if you want beef or tofu for dinner. Driving fast doesn’t make any time really. Not getting bogged down in traffic does.

I’m gonna comment to FMCSA as that’s the only place it will do any good. I also know the true window licker won’t get a #### thing I just said.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  4. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    It would be nice if some of the big buyers would weigh in on this as well. Their lobbyists may have a bit of clout to match ATA or whomever the proponents of this are.

5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I hope whomever finally rubber stamps it is the one held liable for several billion dollars of claims for upcoming fatalities and crippling life changing injuries that are going to occur as a result of this hair brained idea.

To say nothing of the property damage.

The road rage is going to be legendary.

Dino soar, Oxbow, onetime42 and 4 others Thank this.
  6. bumper Jack

bumper Jack Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2021
    Last month I had a guy rear end me while I was doing 65 mph. In the right lane minding my own and he runs his Buick right up my ###. There’s going to be more of that

Dino soar, pete781693, Oxbow and 3 others Thank this.
  7. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Fatal crashes involving big trucks rose 13% in 2021, according to feds

WE KNOW the e.l.d. disaster didn't at all do anything positive for Trucking.
    Just Made It WORSE as the article and DAILY NEGATIVE TRUCKING ACTIVITY REPORTS corroborate.
    ANY THING the fumbling feral buffoons and the federal motor carriers STUPIDITY ASSOCIATION get their near sighted eyes and sticky hands on, goes into the ABYSS OF IGNORANCE & INEPTITUDE.
    Nothing new under the darkening skies of These United States Including ALASKA & HAWAI'I.

Even Though I am no longer Licensed to drive Commercial Motor Vehicles, I am incensed that our incompetent "motor carriers INSANITY" continues to belittle and denigrate
    Class A & B Truck Drivers AS Well The WHOLE of Commercial Transportation!!
    The Women & Men of the f. m. c. s. r. doing absolutely NOTHING regarding SAFETY of Class C Motor Vehicles by INCREASING THEIR SPEEDS on All Roads while DECREASING 80,000 pound Vehicle Speeds will only INCREASE FATALITY COUNT ACROSS THE BOARD.
    EVERYONE LOSES!!

The 55 speed limit certainly was NO SOLUTION yet restricting the SPEED of The LARGEST & HEAVIEST VEHICLES WILL ONLY CREATE MAJOR TURMOIL NATIONWIDE!!!
    - - - - - -
    Only the dead are safe; only the dead have seen the end of war.
    - Spanish-American Philosopher George Santayana -

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Don't bother with the sensational headline. This line is all that matters.
    "“Data estimates show the fatality rate for 2021 was 1.33 fatalities per 100 million Vehicle Miles Traveled, marginally down from 1.34 fatalities in 2020."

So while as an industry we can do better, the actual rate went down. There was just that many more miles driven in 2021 vs. 2020. Sure not much, but it didn't go higher either.

9. Another Canadian driver

Another Canadian driver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Speed limiters. 40 hours week work load.
    Right lane only, no passing allowed.
    And no more week-end driving in the future.
    I think FMCSA are on the right track here. /s

10. Another Canadian driver

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    ON and QC tried that with horrible results.
    The lesson was never learned.

Val_Caldera Thanks this.
  11. Another Canadian driver

Nov 14, 2021
    ALBERTA
    Is your message in Morse code?
    If this is a HELP request, what are your coordinates?
    TITANIC is it you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.