FMCSA--Speed limiters are coming

Discussion in 'Other News' started by kemosabi49, Apr 28, 2022.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you worded it wrong...

you should have said, "hey look you ####ing ######### #######, this is what you have to ####ing do, and ####ing do it now."..!!!

it's all in the way you say things. being polite, gets you no where's

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    The Feds have been lost since 1861. They're not your friend. They're not getting filthy rich by looking out for their constituent's interests.

4. Frisbienick

Frisbienick Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2019
    He was broke and was in the middle of his shift with a load on in the middle of nowhere 25 years ago before smart phones. Lot different back then.

5. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I say let them make whatever laws they wish. 65 mph speed limiter? Sure why not. Restrict all trucks to the right lane only while we're at it.

Then we can have a Talladega Nascar race everywhere we go. Trucks lined up in the right lane running nose to tail as far as the eye can see, refusing to let Karen on to the highway to get to work....how long does that last until she goes beserk?

Think of the possibilities!

I doubt I'll be driving at that point. I'll be in a straight jacket before any of this matters. #### governed trucks......

6. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. If I happen to cut off a speeding four wheeler and block it in for endless miles on a two lane highway while doing 10 mph under the speed limit then so be it.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Took the words right outta my mouth

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    That's exactly what trucking is....a way to make a living. I don't see why you still can't enjoy it. I'm not opposed to speed limiters at all. I'm a career company guy for the most part so it's no adjustment to me. I don't really see where running wide open is more beneficial than being governed. You can get a load that's 800 miles and you're most likely gonna have 2 days to get it there. It ain't the speed of your truck that tells the story, it's the miles you travel. I think drivers get too emotionally invested in trucking. At the end of the day, it's just a job 5 or 6 days a week. I can have a governed truck ir a wide open truck and I'll make good money either way....after all, ain't that the reason people get into trucking? That's the lone profession that has pretty steady income, and is recession proof. Pardon my cavalier attitude, but I don't see where this hurts the industry. In my opinion, some of these drivers need to be reeled in. Speed kills.....especially in a semi.

9. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Nah you can't, but that doesn't mean no efforts should be made to reduce it.

10. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You may not follow those particular rules but you follow a book full of them and you don't even know it. The government has been telling us all what to do since I've been living. And I'm 38.

11. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Why would all these trucks park like that? So many drivers demand respect and honor, but what would make truckers more villainous than to park over a rinky-dink regulation? You want to punish the entire country just for one sect, albeit a small one, to get our way? The entire country would hate us even more than they already do, anf it wouldnt even work. I'm sorry man, but I think some things are bigger than a "truckers' pleasure."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.