Food Service delivery driver

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by KullenTrucking, Jul 25, 2019.

1. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Nothing was more fun than trying to get a 48 foot trailer into Dairy Queen at 11:30am! You pretty much had to hope and pray that nobody was parked in the spots by the back door.

This one was extra fun because it was a one-way parking lot but I had to go in through the exit and block off the entire north side of the building.
    dq.jpg

DC818, Cardfan89, Radman and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Oh you must have made tons of friends lol

Cardfan89 and jmz Thank this.
  4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    One time had my truck break down at my first stop in New Mexico around 6am. They gave me a rental and it was a sleeper cause there was no daycabs in Albuquerque. So I get to Buffalo Wild Wings at 5pm. Takes an hour or so to unload. As that happened my truck got surrounded. No way to get out. Luckily the manager was cool asf. He started making his employees move their cars that blocked me and ask customers to move their cars. If I had a A hole manager I would of had to sleep there or leave the truck and go to the hotel cause I was close on hours. That run was a layover run so nobody could save me.

jmz and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. cdllumper

cdllumper Bobtail Member

May 28, 2010
    I know the feeling. Most of our customers are daytime deliveries. Olive Garden, Longhorn, and Cheddars. The only night or key deliveries we do are the Captain D’s.

Cardfan89 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. cdllumper

cdllumper Bobtail Member

May 28, 2010
    Thanks man. We all work hard out here one way or another.

7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I had an elderly man yell at me once for blocking the handicap spot. I offered to move and he just walked away grumbling about trucks. I would have been fine with parking on the concrete at the back and running it from there, but the manager insisted I drop my ramp on the sidewalk to save time.

8. Ashendo

Ashendo Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2019
    You work 8-9 hrs?? Is hard to believe. For what company you work for?

9. cdllumper

cdllumper Bobtail Member

May 28, 2010
    Must be nice. We rarely see less than an eleven hour day at McLane. A normal day for us is 11 to 13 hours.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. eightballwoody

eightballwoody Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2019
    I work for PFG. We only have subway accounts here. I’ve been delivering to the same stores for going on 13 years now.

jmz, authentic251 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I can’t decide if that would be awesome or horrible...Awesome because everything stacks together so well, but horrible because every stop is getting the same exact stuff, can be hard to separate it.

What do you do during lunch? When I was with US Foods, we weren’t allowed to deliver to Subway between 11:30am and 1pm (and some stores would try and stretch that out longer).

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.