Foodliner, DBA, Gless Bros, Blue Grass Ia.

Discussion in 'Gless Bros Foodliner' started by im6under, Jun 8, 2008.

1. im6under

im6under Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    the office by the can is hydrite's original "breakroom". yeah all 50 square feet of it... lol

this is the "office" they gave bob. An unused hallway on the way to the can.:biggrin_2552: LMAO

We've apparently done enough business for them now that bob/gless has been promoted sort of...

there is now a new "bob's office" located in hydrite's main office. It's much cleaner/nicer and is now adjacent to the office employee's breakroom (no can). lol

Bob has a computer/internet access and all the important business needs covered, coffee pot, sink, fridge... ect.

I've seen it twice but only when I really had to go track something down... kinda a walk thru the plant to get there and generally bob is back moving loads, loading, getting us ready for whatever may come.

It's all donated space from hydrite to help us better serve them so its really hard to complain very much.

I'm actually glad we don't have our own drop yard it would just be an extra drive and a pain and we'd lose alot of fringe benefits.

The hydrite guys really treat us like gold, I have never loaded a trailer yet. backed a couple out and weighed them... but generally I walk in and sign my b.o.l. and leave... sweet.

anyways, glad you got to see my slice... it ain't much to see really... but its home and keeps me busy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Quick look at what I'm up to. Left Ottumwa Monday afternoon going down here to MS. Will be back in Ottumwa wedsnesday evening $645.00 bucks richer. I love the idea of out and back loads. No wasted time waiting for someone to decide what you are doing next. Getting paid to do work other than driving (That's the $45.00). Being able to do my own scheduling. Can't believe I wasted so much time bumping docks.:biggrin_2552:

4. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    I worked sunday morning & monday morning... $372.00 in bonus pay plus the the regular run pay... averaged $47 dollars an hour for every hour worked...

I'm changing my name to slut4money :biggrin_2552:

5. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Well then great job Slut4Money.lol

6. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    name changed again... from slut4money to "big tax pay'in daddy" lol

dang just when ya think your gonna get ahead... welppers maybe I'll see it at the end of the year...

7. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Two more joyous notes from my job. First I have a load that delivered in Cedar Rapids just over 100 miles be there anytime in the morning. I roll in at 0700 and get told by the control room it will be a few hours as that their tank is too full. I make the call to let Darrell know expecting to hear the dreaded phrase"Well keep track of your time so we can pay you detention" instead I get a casual "Huh, well just bring it back here" Fancy that I get to keep on earning instead of sitting and waiting. Why did I stay that extra year bumping docks?

Secondly I get sent to bail out the slackers at the Waterloo yard and go deliver a load that get blown into a trailer dropped at the customers location. Some genius decided the best place to stick this trailer is up a hill and I can't get mine very close at all. I end up using both my hoses and both hoses off the dropped trailer. Make a quick mention of it to Darrell and out pours directions on how to fill out the paperwork to get paid for my troubles. Again what an amazing concept. Pay folks for what they do for you. The nice part was adding the extra hoses added maybe ten minutes to my day.

I can see why their turnover is somewhere between nothing and almost nonexistent. Just a great bunch of people to work for and with.

8. im6under

Feb 13, 2007
    iowa
    Slackers???

I told those guys to keep work'in I'd be right back after I got some lunch and grabbed a quick nap...:biggrin_2552:

9. newbee22

newbee22 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2008
    palm coast, FL
    are they tankers or dry ...cuz they seam they are nice to their drivers?

10. MO family man

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Gless Bros is liquid but Foodliner has some dry bulk. And yes they are nice to us.

Today the big boss man Tim over at Blue grass sent me a message wishing me a happy birthday and apologizing for being a day late with it...He was four days early. Another person trying to push me into an early grave.

He also mentioned I was doing a great job for them so it is nice to have someone acknowledge your efforts.

11. newbee22

newbee22 Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2008
    palm coast, FL
    hows the pay and otr time?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.